• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview suits

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep them black and clean. Try to get rubber soles. When I was at my interview the other day, I sounded like I was wearing high heels walking through a room. Everytime I walked in somewhere all the guys turned around with a dissappointed look on thier face when they saw me. It got kind of funny at the end of the day.

Grove,
find shannon. She works at the Nordstrom Rack. She will get you a great deal.
She is Adam's student.
keep da suit simple. solid colors. black so you can wear it to weddings and funerals.
adios
Snowman

Stand out, make a statement. Something that says I am a Pimp! I would suggest platform shoes with fish tanks in the heal combined with pinstripes and a big hat.

www.pimpdaddy.com

I have a dark charcoal suit that I got at Dillard's a while back. They have good suits and ties there. I wear a conservative tie that matches it well. I've never been one to wear a 'power tie' or any of that stuff. Just wear something that feels right so you can be yourself.

Last edited:
Interview Suits

Interview suits should be navy blue or charcoal gray. Earth-toned colors, like tan, light gray or olive green, aren't formal enough and shouldn't be worn. Black suits are plenty formal, but are inappropriately flashy. You basically have two choices: navy blue or charcoal gray.

Make sure the suit fits properly (not too loose and not too tight). www.harolds.com www.josbank.com www.brooksbrothers.com Wear only solid white or blue shirts as you can match almost any color tie with these shirts. Take your shirts to the cleaners and have them starched before your interview so they will be neatly pressed. Wear a tie between 2 ¾ and 3 ½ inches wide. It should feature a traditional pattern and be made of pure silk. The most traditional and professioanl looking ties are made of pure silk and have diagonal stripe patterns.(see the above links) Your tie should reach, but not exceed, the top of your belt buckle. Interviewees should wear black shoes. I would invest in a nice pair of lace up dress shoes with leather soles as they look the best with a nice suit. Consider styles like Allen-Edmonds "Bradley" or "Burton", "Delray" or "Park Avenue". www.allenedmonds.com or similar styles in the Cole Haan collection www.colehaan.com. Rubber soles are acceptable if they are low profile (that is without noticeable treads). Loafers are forbidden. Always match your belt with your shoes.

Go in looking crisp and neatly pressed like a Wall Street Banker and you'll have their attention - then you can wow 'em with your knowledge.

Very informative CE650, if the flying thing doesnt pan out you can always try the fashion industry. J/K

Gotta throw in my .02, Jos.A Bank has killer suits and if you wait for the sale you can grab some bargains in the $275-300 range. I also second what RedDod said about the soles. had the same experience once. FWIW, Florsheim has a nice pair of black cap toe shoes with a rubber sole at DSW for about $80.

CE506 --- well thought out answer... thank you... I am taking your advice...skipping the black suit... going with the dark navy blue with shirt... with a red conservative tie black belt and matching shoes

back up suit

Word of advice I went to an interview last week and planned to wear a dark blue suit I just purchased. I also brought a back up dark brown suit extra tie and shirt. Unfortunatley I tore the hem in the blue suit getting dressed so had to go with the back up. Not the best color for the interview but it worked I got the job. I generally always bring a back up you never know what might happen bump into someone spill coffee etc.

Latest resources

Back