Interview suit a'la fractionals..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyzimex

I was just reading a thread on the "major board" regarding what color of suit to wear on an interview. I was surprised and :puke:to see how many were saying they had worn a navy suit, white shirt and red tie at their interviews. Maybe it's my European fashion sense that's wrong here, but to me that does not sound like a nice looking combination. More like something you would wear further back in the plane serving tea and coffee in my opinion. Is this a code within the majors/121 airlines, or does it apply over the whole industry?

On my upcoming interview I'm planning on wearing a black suit, nice blue shirt and probably a nice subtle blue tie, all very "business dressed" looking.

And of course I know it's not the clothes that will get me the job, but more my outstanding personality and aviation skills ;).

FZ

I don't think it matters that much, I've seen guys wear gray, dark brown, black, and obviously the standard- navy blue, white shirt and red tie. I've always gone with the navy blue and red tie.

Just make sure you don't stand out, no indivualism. Blend in, look like one of the team.

I'd wear a T-Shirt with big block letters saying "HIRED" on the front.

Show them you're confident.

At my upgrade oral / sim I walked in wearing my 4 stripes already and told him, "It's YOUR job to take these off me! Now...what's your first question?"

Self confidence goes a long way in this industry.

IOW, you're :puke: eurotrash?

j/k

Navy blue makes the most sense. As one poster pointed out, you blend in/fit in better. No independant minds on the flight deck! ;)

I've done the gray suit, maroon striped tie and white shirt. Four interviews--four job offers.

That said, I'm sure it wasn't the suit. Just look sharp--suit and shirt pressed, shoes shined and a decent hair cut. That's really all you need.

IOW, you're :puke: eurotrash?

Guess I had that one coming after revealing my heritage, but it 's all good. No hard feelings. I know what I am, and what I'm not . .:cool:

As long as you guys keep this thread to the original question and don't make it into a US vs. Europe battle. There are lots of good things on both sides of the pond in my opinion..

FZ

Some people believe the red tie is a 'power' tie and the dark suit is more professional/business attire. For what that's worth...

Some people believe the red tie is a 'power' tie and the dark suit is more professional/business attire. For what that's worth...

And me who always thought red was the color of a Christmas tie :0. Now I know better..

FZ

I wore the navy suit, white shirt,and red tie (darker red) at Flex interview. Apparently they didn't hold it against me.

I don't think the color of the suit is as important as your overall appearance. Do you look professional, or do you look like a pimp on 82nd Ave? Both can wear suits.

Use good judgement.

Latest resources

Back