• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

interview sim ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a small flight school at Lancaster, Pa (LNS) that used to be owned by the pilot shop on the field, AirWays. Last summer, it was sold off to a new operator. I think the new name is Aero Services. I think their AST 300 will do fine. I used it to brush up a little back in March.

Good luck.

Book title and WestAir Sim.

The title of my book is:

"The Only Aviation Interview Book You'll Ever Need!"

e-mail at the signature address if you want info.

The simulator at WestAir used in the early 90s for interview evaluations was an ATC 820. They also used it in their trianing program to develop your scan before you got into a real airplane.

They claimed it was just like a Navajo but if that's what a Navajo is like I'm glad I never flew for Ameriflight!

TIS

I have also heard people refer to that sim as flying like a Navajo. Boy, I'm glad they're wrong.

Thanks....

Thanks for the response...

Timebuilder, thank you for the info. and the web site. The

location is within driving distance.

Thanks again....

Ouch.

I thought you might be one of two guys I know who started there about 14 months ago. They instructed at a school with me, over in Reading. Chances are, they too will be on the street with the mainline j4j stuff going on.

Make sure you check out the AirWays pilot shop while you are there at LNS. They have a LOT of cool stuff.

Good luck.

Sim practice

Thanks, TIS.

I thought of another point. I instructed in the Alitalia program at FlightSafety in Vero ten years ago. We were training their students to fly their jets in our Cadets and Seminoles. Alitalia placed tremendous emphasis on the AI and pitch control. In other words, instead of the primary and supporting method, which the FAA preaches, Alitalia believed that you set up a specific pitch on the AI and power, trim for both, and expect a specific performance. It does work. Try it on a VFR flight and cover everything except the AI and the power instrument. You'll be surprised at how well you hold your airspeed and heading.

Accordingly, having delivered that long introduction, try placing more emphasis on the AI in your sim sessions before going to the interview. Practice holding very specific pitches. I'm not saying to fixate on the AI and omit the other instruments, but use the AI to set up the pitch you want and include it more in your scan. Something like a hub-and-spoke scan. A lot of sim coaches will recommend using the AI exclusively during your sim eval.

Try it. Good luck on your sim ride.

Latest resources

Back