Interview Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dougal28

I have an upcoming interiew with expressjet and need some help with some questions that I heard are asked
Thanks,

1) Capt doesn't have shoulder harness on during takeoff roll WWUD?

2) Passenger is out of hand and flight attendant calls and informs of sit WWUD?
-She calls back your're 20 min out and say's he is getting abusive WWUD?

3) No airworthiness cert onboard, main sya go ahead the plane is due for inspection in 2 flights WWUD?

4)How much icing is allowed to acculate before departure?

5)Capt smells like alcohol wwud?

6)Advantages/ disadvantages of swept wing?

7) On a 4 day trip and Capt is not following Procedures and acting strange, but not nessesarily unsafe WWUD?

8) It's x-mas eve and a green nav light is out MX can't fix, WWUD?

Thanks for any help

The trick to situational ?'s is to know what is LEGAL and ILLEGAL. Many of these questions are to see if you can distinguish between INCIDENTAL and DELIBERATE violation of the law, and is it a matter of concern right now? For instance, captain and shoulder harness on takeoff roll, the takeoff has already started and you are in a high workload situation. You didn't realize the shoulder harness wasn't secure until after takeoff started, and it would be a real shame if you ran off the runway aborting a takeoff because a shoulder harness was not secure. Don't abort the takeoff. Just use common sense. The captain smells like alcohol. Theres only two times when you smell like alcohol 1) when your drunk 2) when your hungover. Is it legal to fly in either of those situations? NO! Offer to call scheduling for him because he looks a little under the WX. Ask yourself, INCIDENTAL or DELIBERANT violation of the law? Hope this helps.

all can be answered by saying:

"we're going"

seriously, THINK about these answers and utilizing not only yourself but company resources (a la CRM). what does dispatch think? what does my captain think (when sober of course)? if a fed walked up to the plane would i have done anything differently (in theory no)? etc

Latest resources

Back