• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ILS JNKY

Sea Plane Pilots Assoc
A flight instructor that i was flying with last year before 9/11/01
went to the coax interview and was asked this question.

What did you not like about the interview process ?

What would you change about it ,or the company??

Any thoughts ?????:cool:

Don't take the bait

I think they're trying to ferret out bad attitudes and/or are searching for inconsistent question responses.

Reiterate how grateful you are about getting an interview - airline interviews don't grow on trees, you know - how much you enjoyed meeting everyone, how excited you are about the notion of joining Lousy Commuter Airlines, etc. Don't comment about the fairness of the interview, except to say that you appreciated being given the opportunity to present your qualifications in person. You could say the process afforded you that opportunity and that all you've wanted was to have that opportunity, i.e. your day in court.

Above all, don't opine on any changes you would make to the company. You're just a visitor. It's not your place to comment, but don't say that it's not your place to comment. Put a happy face on it. Just say that you're impressed by the professionalism exhibited to you and you would be proud to be a pilot for Lousy Commuter, etc. Hit some specific points that impressed you.

Don't forget to reduce these points to writing in the thank-you letters you should send to the people you met at the company; letters you should write and send the moment you walk through your door at home.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your interview.

Yea, exactly what Bobbysamd said. Don't take the bait. I was asked a similar question at a COEX interview, except my question was, "What's going to be the worst thing about working at COEX?" I mean, what on earth kind of question is that? I know what they're getting at, if I would have said anything that sounded like a complaint, I would have been out of there! So, I tend to stick to answers that don't really have anything to do with the company. I think to that particular question I told them the worst thing would be being the new guy on the block, etc.

As far as answering what I'd change about the company, I wouldn't even go there. If I had to give an answer, I'd probably re-inerate that I would wait until I knew the people and company better, then would be more than happy to make helpful suggestions that might save the company money, or make things run smoother.

Last, you definetly want to answer these questions. If you didn't say anything, it might lead them into thinking you are afraid to speak up and give your opinion.

Just my $2 worth :D

Latest resources

Back