• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am getting ready for an interview. I would like to brush up on some of the scenario type questions. Recommendations?

Thanks.

Never asked/received a goofy airline scenario question at a corp interview...drinking captain, minimums etc etc..

More likely:

"Tell us how you solved a problem/conflict with your coworkers. most difficult decision you have had to make at work etc"

"Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?"

"What are your interests outside of flying?"

"What are your strengths? where can you improve?"

"Tell us about yourself in a few minutes, how did you get to this point in your career"

"What has been your greatest life achievement?"

Those types of questions take a lot more than the rehearsed scenarios, and they open up the interviewers to other direct questions.

And here's reality - practice being calm and confident, be a Captain, but dont be arrogant.....DO NOT come across as a rehearsed answer. Have a life outside of airplanes. Dont be a stranger. You will leave there and they will have no idea who you really are....and that's not what you want.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
And the all-important, "Do you have any connection, contact, relationship, knoweldge of, or friendship with Gulfstream 200?"

Answer: "No. Never heard of him."

:p

You forgot:

Do you drink beer?
Do you llike golf?
Do you like hanging out in your room by yourself while on a trip?
Do you prefer whiskey or bourbon?
Do you like computer gaming during your off time?
Do you like German beer?

Last edited:
And the all-important, "Do you have any connection, contact, relationship, knoweldge of, or friendship with Gulfstream 200?"

Answer: "No. Never heard of him."

:p

Do you have any hobbies?

"I'm online 24/7, I frequent aviation message boards that are generally populated by same 75 underemployed or unemployed clowns, who address each other by their dorky screen names, even at their goofy little get together/pow-wows"

No, you never banged a F/A in a jetway, no you dont drink or smoke, yes you have a stable, normal family, etc etc etc...

99% of the aviation world would never know or care, but I agree....I would be very careful and never, ever say you know Legacy Driver or Gulfstream 200.

:D

Last edited:
4 different interviews, aka meet n' greet, and never had scenario questions. They were all basically the "who are you/what do you like" type interviews.

....Usually if a company will fly you out to an interview unless you are a shmuck you will get the gig - or at least so it seems... Relax and be yourself (unless you're a shmuck).

After hiring some pilots in the past, one thing I will never do is hire without flying and spending a night on the road with someone... There are some really really odd pilots out there!

99% of the aviation world would never know or care, but I agree....I would be very careful and never, ever say you know Legacy Driver or Gulfstream 200.

:D

This post is so wrong on so many levels I can't even begin to address it. But damned funny as usual.

LOL

Last edited:
Basically, When I hire guys, I have a specific type in mind... Is he sharp? bright? know aviation? Know my Gulfstreams? Those are all deal breakers.
Next is the guy manageable> can he do my job in my absence?
Is he going to want me to kill him on the road?
I get a read and then I offer him 80% of what is in my budget and won't go above what's approved for anyone.

Latest resources

Back