interview question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shindler

Anybody know the official answer to when you can disregard vasi/papi indications during approach and landing? Plz provide a reference.

What kind of job? 91/135/121/etc. The AIM is not regulatory in nature yet contains valuable guidance on the use of visual glidepaths. CFR 121 contains guidance on glideslopes.

When on an ILS and VGSI and VASI are not coincident?

ILS 11 EWR comes to mind. But thats a wierd question.

Thats my best stab. I know nuthing.:0

Edited for somebody beat me too it....

Anybody know the official answer to when you can disregard vasi/papi indications during approach and landing? Plz provide a reference.

I'm certain there is a reg. which states that one must remain at or above the VASI. coming off an ils at DH you're to transition to the appropriate visual gildeslope. Not sure if it's in the FAR or AIM section.

try faa.gov - thye have all the regs out there.

Common sense dictates that one shouldnt go below the VASI.

I know that reg that says "on or above the glideslope from the outer to the middle marker" is a part 91 turbo jet rule. I would start there.

class d airspace
(3) Each pilot operating an airplane approaching to land on a runway served by a visual approach slope indicator must maintain an altitude at or above the glide path until a lower altitude is necessary for a safe landing.

for class b it points you to 91.129
(a) Operating rules. No person may operate an aircraft within a Class B airspace area except in compliance with §91.129 and the following rules:

for class c it points you to 91.129
(a) General. Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, each aircraft operation in Class C airspace must be conducted in compliance with this section and §91.129. For the purpose of this section, the primary airport is the airport for which the Class C airspace area is designated. A satellite airport is any other airport within the Class C airspace area.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back