Interview Question, What would you say?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

72Longhorn

I was asked these two questions during my last interview and was really stumped by the second question.

Q #1 In on word, describe your best quality?

Q #2 In one word describe your worst quality? Duhho!!!

Regarding the second question:

I didn't want to say something bad to hurt my chance of employment, but then again, I'm not perfect. I didn't want to sit there and think up an answer, but it felt like it took an eternity to answer This question.

What would you of said??

72Longhorn

Answer

Tell them your weakest point is your lack of moderation. You give too much time and energy your my employer, when you commit to an employer you then to over commit and put in a lot more than is required by the job.

Well first off, for #1 you can say: Longhorn. That will say it all.

For #2 you could say:....umm well there really would be no #2 after answering #1

:)

When I interviewed at a regional I was asked the same question. I answered the first question by saying that I am a perfectionist and how I am particular about how things are done, yadda yadda yadda... When they asked me for my worst qauality, I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting that question and didn't know what to say. I didn't want to have a long pause of silence so the fist thing that came to my mind was to answer the same way I answered the first question... "I'm a perfectionist." I thought I had messed up, but went with it anyway. I wasn't happy at the way I had answered the question, but I actually think they really liked my answer and way of thinking. Anyway, I got the job but was fuloughed three days into class.:rolleyes:

It's not so much the answer that you give, but the way in which you answer the question and present yourself. On the other hand, you probably shouldn't say that you tend to snap and go crazy anytime something goes wrong!

Good answer. That's what I said to, perfectionist for good and bad qualities. It is a good quality, in moderation, but it's also good that you can recognize that it's a bad thing if taken to extremes. They are just trying to see if you know yourself, and if you are honest. Everyone has good and bad qualities, so you just have to prepare for this.

Good luck in those interviews. Sorry you got furloughed.

Interview questions

You know what is your absolute worst quality, but you don't necessarily have to disclose it. They won't know the difference. Provide a "worst quality" for question #2, but put a positive spin on it.

For example, let's say that lack of ability to concentrate is your worst quality. Do NOT say flat-out that you have trouble concentrating. DO say that you are goal-oriented, you like to keep working on a project or task without interruption through completion, you like to see things through to the end, you are efficient, and in so doing you meet deadlines.

Hope that helps a little. Of course, a good thing to do is get a book or something on interviews, learn possible questions, and work up answers to common questions that you can modify easily for the situation.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back