Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview Question: What can you do for us?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JediNein

No One Special at all
Ok, you're the next super-wonder pilot that can recognize a multiengine airplane two times out of three and may even have flown a multi a few times before. This puts you into interview mode with a bunch of different regional airlines for the assistant peon position of first officer.

So what do you answer when the airline interviewer asks you "what can you do for our airline?"

Right or wrong, open for comments which is why I'm posting, my thoughts are "Help get the airplanes from point A to point B as quickly and efficiently as possible without making the evening news, annoying customers, or attracting the attention of the FAA Administrator in a negative fashion."

When you think about it, all of the other qualifications you might have don't mean squat if the above goal is not accomplished. No airplane or thunderstorm gives a rip about your three lunar landings, Nobel Peace Prize, or ability to hum the National Anthem in one breath. Your certificates and ratings are not considered. Your individual accomplishments and invitation to the White House for an award dinner for discovering the secret to ending poverty around the world don’t matter. You are not applying to become a technical writer or an inventor, not even a process improvement type position, although I think most pilots will speak up if they see a way to improve something, and most airlines have suggestion boxes with awards for those making useful suggestions.

Go! :confused:

Latest resources

Back