• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LOL! I think I had a B in differential equations, but anyway I cant think of an airline today that requires you to being a college transcript. Those questions are them trying to bust your balls, see how you react. Provide a cool, calm response and highlight your better side/subjects in college, and mention this as a weak one that you continuously tried to improve on.
UAL wanted wanted 2 copies, one sent to them and then a sealed copy from the University to you that you did not open and presented them at the interview.

How long ago was this for UAL? Are we talking 70s, 80s, 90s, or the latest hiring window in 2007/8?

As for Delta, I did not know they require it at the interview itself. A college transcript helps when hiring a fresh grad, someone in the 22-28 year old range. Once you're beyond that age, what use is a college transcript? Your work history should then speak for itself.

How long ago was this for UAL? Are we talking 70s, 80s, 90s, or the latest hiring window in 2007/8?

As for Delta, I did not know they require it at the interview itself. A college transcript helps when hiring a fresh grad, someone in the 22-28 year old range. Once you're beyond that age, what use is a college transcript? Your work history should then speak for itself.
Wrong, your work history will not speak for itself. Too many stupid HR managers are hung up on the box on the lower left of the application that says college grad. If you check yes, you get an invite to an interview. At the interview they will want to see proof of your college degree. Namely a transcript.
BTW My transcript adventure at UAL took place in 1996

Even the old Continental Express interviews were VERY aggressive and demeaning in some ways.

Looks like its evolving

Yes, they were! They wanted to see how well you kept your calm under pressure and that you "stuck to your guns" while they tried to make you change your answers.

Call Lori Clark if you want to stay away from the classroom-style, mass-produced type interview prep. Nothing against Emerald Coast, but Lori is definitely more customized and incredibly thorough.

www.flytheline.com

I used Emerald Coast, and I'm now a LUV f/o.
Awesome prep, great advice, and well worth the investment. I can't recommend enough.

Cheers,
NAV

In the near future, at least at the regionals, here is some FREE interview prep;

PRE-INTERVIEW CHECKLIST;

-Shoes not tied together
-Red tie/white shirt/black belt&shoes/Navy sport coat
-Mirror-under-nose-fog-check

..Pre-Interview Checklist complete...

Latest resources

Back