• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

It will roll

It just wont be prettty.
Hello all,

Getting to be about that time...to study. Ugh. No interviews lined up yet but would like to have a plan.

First question.

What are some quality interview prep books anyone has used and liked to help prep for any major/legacy airline interview?

Second question.

Has anyone used any one on one interview prep such as that offered by FAPA.aero (aka the old Flt. Ops)? Sounds like for a not so small fee they will coach you through the technical and HR portions, check out your logbooks, give you tips in the psych evals, aptitude tests, etc.
If so, what was the company name and what did you think of it?

Thanks for any constructive advice,
-D

Hello all,

Getting to be about that time...to study. Ugh. No interviews lined up yet but would like to have a plan.

First question.

What are some quality interview prep books anyone has used and liked to help prep for any major/legacy airline interview?

Second question.

Has anyone used any one on one interview prep such as that offered by FAPA.aero (aka the old Flt. Ops)? Sounds like for a not so small fee they will coach you through the technical and HR portions, check out your logbooks, give you tips in the psych evals, aptitude tests, etc.
If so, what was the company name and what did you think of it?

Thanks for any constructive advice,
-D

You can check out "Cleared for Takeoff - A Pilot's Guide to Career Preparation and Interview Success" listed on www.pilotcareerprep.com

Brand new book dealing with current interview techniques.

Just keep in mind that southwest is running classes with all ex-military pilots now, with no regard to actual skill or experience. On the other hand, if the welfare queens ever strike you should have no obligation to respect their picket line.

I did interview prep with http://www.cageconsulting.com once for an airline interview and again for netjets. Both times I thought it was great prep and it put me more at ease during the actual interviews. I was offered positions both times, so I think they did a good job. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Latest resources

Back