Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview attire? Dark Blue&Gray VS Black?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i cant believe this thread has so many posts. do you really think that if it came down to two canidates that the board would say " well he wore a black suit, what does he think this is a funeral, we better go with the guy who wore the navy blue suit." i dont think so.

I would go with black, white shirt, red tie and black shoes. goodluck.

Perfect! Thats what I just did except my tie was maroon and it fit my neck perfectly.

Remember, red is a power color!

Regionals are so desperate for pilots you could probably wear plaid with ruffles and a paisley tie from the 80's and it wouldn't matter, as long as you can hold altitude and know how to properly enter a holding pattern. And even that is negotiable.

The above is on the right path....

You also have to be able to hold the right ATTITUDE!

The regional recruiters are rejecting the nextgen attitude. They will not hire entitlement and self righteous 20 something punks.... as bad as they need pilots...

If you go in whining about getting rid of the company's most senior and experienced pilots, it won't matter what color the suit is.

like the brief case thread...if you are this worried abou the suit.... what will do when they ask you a question!!!

suits and dress code

I lot of guys have different ideas when comes does color matter etc. what type. I just went for my first 121 interview, wore a dark navy suit white shirt, red/blue conservative tie. Overall I think most that do the hiring are very conservative. I think you can't go wrong with a conservative, well fitting suit, white shirt and shined shoes. As far as travel to the job, hotel check in etc. I also wore a different suit. When I travel usually I dress nice... a habit my dad instilled in me when I was younger,he was old school airlines (the once great Pan Am)

On another note while waiting for my connecting flight I saw a ground guy who looked like kid rock go'tee hoop earings and large white sunglassess looked like a bug(also an idiot) and wore them inside. the look didn't do much on the my impression of the airline I was flying on but that a whole different story. The days of dressing up to travel are long as well dress codes for some employees but then again I am very conservative.

Latest resources

Back