Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview At Job Fair Or Corporate Office?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mocaman

Hey guys, Is there an advantage or disadvantage to interviewing at a job fair versus going to an airlines HR office? I have a date set to interview at the Hr office, but I also noticed that the airline is having a job fair locally in a few days. Any thoughts??

Thanks

Depending on the airline, you can knock out the HR portion and any tests at the job fair.
For example, if it's RAH, you can do the Wonderlich and IFR tests. Then you won't have to do them in IND, and you will sim and fingerprint and HR/Tech before everyone else. Gets you done at corporate sooner, if time is a big issue for you.

It's Eagle
Just my personal opinion, but it comes after a lot of research during my own recent job search. Try something besides AE. AMR has already announced they want to unload Eagle. If no one buys, think SkyWay.

Like I said, just my own opinion.

And your research has turned up what info that makes you say that? Just trying to see what facts an internet search would reveal since those of us here at AE didn't know the sky falling already???

Decide which option is better for you:

Go to the job fair at your own expense and complete the HR and Technical portions there...if they like you, then they fly you out to DFW for the sim.

This is the best way if you live within a reasonable driving distance to the job fair (which is inexpensive). This option also allows you to get 2 parts of the interview done and allow you to go out to DFW fresh for the sim.

Wait for an interview invite by email/phone and have the company bring you to DFW on a pass. You fly out the day before and complete everything the following day (with the exception of the in-house medical). Day starts when you wake up around 5am DFW time to be at HDQ no later than 7:30am. You stay as long as it takes. This can make for a VERY long day. Probably something you'll need to get used to, flying for Eagle!

Hope that helps,

-FW

Latest resources

Back