International Procedures Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Buz40

Couple of questions for those that have gone through the course.

Is the King Schools course enough? Its way cheaper than the Scott course and money is a huge issue right now.

Would the King course be accepted by most in any of your opinions or would it be a waste of time and money?

Thanks in advance.

We've done the Scott IFC course bundled with RVSM. They did an on site class for us.

I've never looked into the King Course, it might not be recognized outside the USA. I'd call your FSDO about that one.

Regarding the money.... just remember it'd suck to end up stuck in some part of the EU, unable to fly because they don't recognize your IFC-RVSM training.

YMMV... YGWYPF...

Can't speak for King, but we used Air Training Int'l. It's online and $1,800 if I remember right. Watching the videos can be incredibly boring but the advantage is you have access to these videos for 1 year, should you want a refresher. Also, they provide you all the planning materials you want. Dave Stohr seems to be well respected in this field and he promptly responds to any calls or emails.

We've done the Scott IFC course bundled with RVSM. They did an on site class for us.

I've never looked into the King Course, it might not be recognized outside the USA. I'd call your FSDO about that one.

Regarding the money.... just remember it'd suck to end up stuck in some part of the EU, unable to fly because they don't recognize your IFC-RVSM training.

YMMV... YGWYPF...

Thank you for the info. Very valid point about getting stuck.. That would not be fun.

Can't speak for King, but we used Air Training Int'l. It's online and $1,800 if I remember right. Watching the videos can be incredibly boring but the advantage is you have access to these videos for 1 year, should you want a refresher. Also, they provide you all the planning materials you want. Dave Stohr seems to be well respected in this field and he promptly responds to any calls or emails.

Thank you.

What about if you did International ops under a 135 certificate but went and did a trip in someone else's plane under 91 as a contract pilot? Could you effectively prove with training records from the 135 operator that you meet the qualification? If so, that would make my life much easier.

What about if you did International ops under a 135 certificate but went and did a trip in someone else's plane under 91 as a contract pilot? Could you effectively prove with training records from the 135 operator that you meet the qualification? If so, that would make my life much easier.

i've done contract work using my training under a 135 for a 91 airplane and the operator accepted my training.

i've done contract work using my training under a 135 for a 91 airplane and the operator accepted my training.

Thank you. Just what I was hoping to hear. Going to see if the refresher course is a bit cheaper. Never hurts to go through a refresh I guess.

Thanks to all!

Latest resources

Back