Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Networ-King

Greetings all....

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn only find the thread on getting to HKG. I'm trying to get to Ho Chi Minh (SGN) in Vietnam and was wondering if I could jumpseat from HKG on United down to SGN? Any help from you United guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Net

I have used OMC then pushed to seat in the back, ORD-FRA then FRA-ORD (both trips-3 months ago, and a year ago)
You won't get the actual, but you will get any seat available..I got first both directions.

Be careful with HKG. I just went to Singapore through HKG on United (out of ORD). I got to HKG and then SIN and back to HKG with no problems. Then sat for two days in HKG due to weight restrictions/overbooked flights. I guess UAL just stopped HKG-LAX so the remaining flights are now sold out.

That being said the folks in HKG were great. They were familiar with jumpseating (OMC in UAL language) and very helpful. But in the end - full flights combined with no cockpit access meant a no go for me. I ended up taking Atlas from HKG to ANC. Bottom line is make sure you have another way to get back to the states out of HKG.

The only taxes and fees I paid the entire trip was a $21 departure tax in Singapore. Don't know what Vietnam would be though.

Good luck.

PS- In HKG be prepared to be the very last person to board, and at the very last minute. I got a bit nervous on my HKG-SIN leg as they held me at the gate until they were about to close the door.

Last edited:
Be careful with HKG. I just went to Singapore through HKG on United (out of ORD). I got to HKG and then SIN and back to HKG with no problems. Then sat for two days in HKG due to weight restrictions/overbooked flights. I guess UAL just stopped HKG-LAX so the remaining flights are now sold out.

That being said the folks in HKG were great. They were familiar with jumpseating (OMC in UAL language) and very helpful. But in the end - full flights combined with no cockpit access meant a no go for me. I ended up taking Atlas from HKG to ANC. Bottom line is make sure you have another way to get back to the states out of HKG.

The only taxes and fees I paid the entire trip was a $21 departure tax in Singapore. Don't know what Vietnam would be though.

Good luck.

PS- In HKG be prepared to be the very last person to board, and at the very last minute. I got a bit nervous on my HKG-SIN leg as they held me at the gate until they were about to close the door.

I appreciate it guys...... I can get to Asia on mother brown no problem, HKG, the PI, Singapore, but then I have to figure out how to get to SGN from there. Might be worth it to just buy a freaking ticket and be done with it for that little bit of the trip. Any other info would be greatly appreciate it guys. Thanks again....

Net

Latest resources

Back