International Jet Aviation Services??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CornFlyer

Anyone got any new info on these guys? I've done a search and haven't found much. They are a Lear operator out of APA (south Denver) and I have an interview set up with them. I've been flying boxes the past two years and ready to move on.

Any help would be appreciated!

Well its been a lot of years but..................................
Don't expect much from this place, use it for what you can get out of it. Make lots of contacts as you fly your ass off and you should be able to parlay it into a decent gig within a year or so. Also, expect to have to live within 30 mins of APA (a fairly expensive part of town) and you'll probably be carrying a uniform with you wherever you go.
Good luck with the interview.

How was the Interview

Hello Cornflyer...

How did your interview go with Interantional ? I hope you got the job? any tibbits such as QOL? sim ride? medical, dental? schlds? etc.. I have a friend who is looking to move from the east coast back west .. Thanks...H

Lears!

I got a call from them too for LearJet F/O... What the pay like CornFlyer? Where are you flying freight?

Whats Next

Capt. JD... How did the phone interview go... been playing phone tag with them ? what are the next steps ? Hobbit

I currently work at IJAS and have found it to be a pretty decent company to be with. I have very few complaints, which of course you'll have at any company you work with. My QOL has been pretty good - I've averaged 18 full days at home and 25 nights at home each month over that past year. Pay is pretty average to start for a 135 company (around $25,000 + PD the first year), but can improve after your upgrade. Upgrades vary based on experience and run anywhere from 9 months to 2 years. Seniority is rarely a factor - if you can fly the airplane, do your job, and have a good attitude, you can upgrade quickly (based on need).

Training is one of their weaker points - they do not have the money to send every pilot to FSI for initial and 6 month recurrents. You will get FSI or Simuflite for upgrade, but inhouse recurrent is the way it's done. Initial is about 2 weeks, including the checkout flight. 1 year contract for FOs, 18 month contract for captains. You will get fully trained in the beginning, but a lot of the finer points to learn come from OJT. We captains try to be sensitive to that and continue educating in the cockpit.

Mx is good - not the best I've seen, but good. We've had problem areas, but that's age of a/c. I have never been asked to cut corners or do anything illegal, and they are responsive when you have a writeup. IJAS has never had an accident in 27 years, so that says something about mx and crews.

Right now, we have 5 a/c you'll fly on charter (3 LR-35 and 2 LR-55) and 2 LR-25's for a full-time air ambulance service. We also have 3 other LR-55's that have dedicated crews for the respective owners, but you can substitute in if someone's on vacation. We also manage a couple of other aircraft that you'll never fly at present.

The old policy was a half-hour callout, but that's changed to 1 hour callout, but they want engines turning in 1 hour, so you still need to live fairly close. There are lots of living options to satisfy your budget (if you remember that Denver overall is a pretty high cost-of-living).

If you want to fly jets and have a pretty decent QOL, I recommend it. It's not a career destination, but good to hang out for a while and get some good experience. You can make a lot of contacts while at APA if that's where you want to stay.

Feel free to PM me with specific questions.

JS

They typically look for 2000/200 because upgrade can come as soon as 9 months. They are sending an FO for upgrade next week, and he has been here 10 months. They will hire less, but they don't want long-term FOs that need to build lots of time before they qualify for upgrade.

Keep building time and keep trying with IJAS. Good luck!

Latest resources

Back