International Jet - APA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyking1976

Any info? I got a call from the C.P. earlier and I'm wondering about the QOL from anyone that works/has worked/knows somebody that works there. Is it worth leaving a MU-2 job that pays more? First impressions sound like it's your typical run-of-the-mill 135 charter gig.

Thanks,
SK:cool:

skyking1976 said:
First impressions sound like it's your typical run-of-the-mill 135 charter gig.

Thanks,
SK:cool:
Uh, that would be a good first impression. I-JET is a stepping stone, just a place to get some time while your actively looking for a real job. I left there some years ago but when I last spoke with someone working there it sounded just like I remembered. I heard the old DO refer to the pilots as "Seat Meat" more than once. That being said, as with any company there were some really great people there and I'm sure there are some there now.
As for the MU-2 vs. Lear issue, well is that MU-2 gonna get you into a bigger jet with a better company? Probably not. It sucks taking a cut in pay but the fact is jet jobs lead to other jet jobs and so on.

I would agree that jet time leads to a jet job. However anyone who has a significant amount of MU-2 P.I.C. time would get an interview with me on the spot. I doubt there is a more demanding aircraft flying today. I would imagine most people who havn't flown the aircraft would not see it that way because of its poor reputation. They may think you are crazy and can't be trusted. Either way if you fly the rice burner make sure you stay on top off your game. She dosn't fly like a normal airplane and she is completly intollerant of complacency.

Latest resources

Back