Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Diesel

TEB Hilton resident
Guys I'm trying to solicit Neil to add an international forum. For international operations, flight planning stuff like that. Also places to watch out for or helpful information.

Your support is appreciated.

D

It is a good idea. Diesel, I thought you didn't have any need for international flying. Canada is not international. Trying to bone up on ICAO stuff so you can fly on the "dark" side?

No they key to international flying is learn learn learn. I've allways tried to learn as much as i can on different subjects.

It's allways tough to find certain international things that you're looking for. Personally if you're in LSGG i highly recommend EL' Entrecote just 2 streets from the hilton for some excelent food. Closed sundays though.

When I told a friend of fine I was going to V school, and would be doing some heavy international flying, his advice was:

Get a form-fitted pillow for my butt, and a lifetime prescription for Ambian.

I support your "international thread" idea.

Actually I got a PM about thinking it was a good idea and I agree. It really is a good idea.

NBAA airmail is ancient and kind of a pain.

neat tips would be helpful. we get SO much support (NOT!) on the planning side the tips would be nice.

as for the ambien - be careful - must wait 48hrs to fly after taking it. at netjets it's usually min rest - or even 18-20hrs and back at it again.

In the short term you can ask your international questions on the cargo side.

There are Gemini, World, Omni, Kalitta and numerous other heavy guys who do the majority of their flying overseas on a regular basis.

I agree about the learn, learn, learn idea. Having lived overseas for three years and have as many years international flying, half of the controllers make up their own crap. Gouge helps tremendously, as does experience listening to different dialects butcher English.

Latest resources

Back