International experience worth........

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dexter Moon

International experience worth with low TT....

I would appreciate any feedback on my international flying experience?

I hold 737-200 and A300-600 type ratings. Would it count as 121 or what? My TT; 1650 with 750 jet as SIC.

Both companies went bust due to financial reasons. Now,my wife and I taking our 2 kids back home(US) and wondering where would i go to with this kind of qualifications??

Moon

Of course your experience is worth something. But I don't see you coming close to meeting the mins for most of the majors/LCCs who are hiring, and I'm sure you aren't too competitive for the Freight folks. But corporate or regional might take you. Good luck, and welcome back to the good old US of A.

Not mad, but a little disgusted, and I'm very proud Pilot. How can my family ( wife+ 2 kids) make it with $17,000/yr???

Really, that's Fvc@D-UP!!!!

Moon

Dexter Moon said:
I'm very proud Pilot.

Moon

There's your problem. Fed-ex year 1 FOs don't make much more. Send the wife and kids to work and look for a part time job (selling donuts at the local Chiunese run bakery comes to mind) on your days off (a family that works together, stays together). This alone will help to fund your IRA. Do that for 30 years and it can really add up. Either way, make sure you are out networking. Those foreign run donut shops can be pretty picky about hiring American round eyes.

Have you even tried applying anywhere? What about companies like World, Omni, Atlas, Polar, they operate heavies and go international. You might be able to talk your way into a job at one of those places. Another way to go might be to talk to some corporate flight departments that fly mostly international; your experience could be valuable to them.

And quit complaining about pay.

Dexter Moon said:
International experience worth with low TT....

I would appreciate any feedback on my international flying experience?

I hold 737-200 and A300-600 type ratings. Would it count as 121 or what? My TT; 1650 with 750 jet as SIC.

Just a thought, but ExpressNet flies the A300, you might want to give them a call. Good luck.:)

Qatar airlines is looking for A300-600 FOs

First Officers (ref #FI/FO/716/05)
A300-600, A320, A330
Minimums: 1,000 TT ("airline time"), 500 on type, ICAO ATP, max age 45.

Apply:

Send your resume with the above reference # together with photocopy of license, ratings, medical, and passport; passport-sized photo, and the most recent logbook (showing entries) to:

[email protected]
fax: (974) 4622895 or
mail: The Human Resources Department - Qatar Airways
P.O. Box 22550
Doha, State of Qatar

Pay package:
Capt $9,000 USD/mo (including housing allowance) tax free
F/O $6,800 USD/mo (") tax free
Benefits: school fee subsidy for children, Loss of License, Medical, Life ins.

Hey Moon,

Alot of us "Feel your pain", but unless you have some "space shuttle" time you overlooked in your logbook, you better jump on that regional job for $17,000 until you have enough time to go elsewhere. You are joking right? You must be fishing for rage or something. I can't believe you are not aware of the number of furloughed pilots with 4 to 5 times the flight hours you have.

Wiggums said:
Have you even tried applying anywhere? What about companies like World, Omni, Atlas, Polar, they operate heavies and go international. You might be able to talk your way into a job at one of those places. Another way to go might be to talk to some corporate flight departments that fly mostly international; your experience could be valuable to them.

And quit complaining about pay.

no offense, but not many corp operators want an 1600TT Airbus pilot with a little Intl experience...

my GUESS is there is no PIC time in there either?.

Hate to say it but that resume is just not too marketable in the US for the job you expect to get.

Id keep shopping overseas if regional flying is below you (completly understandable)

Try Tradewinds. They are in hiring mode and have been known to hire lower time people, especially with your type experience. They have A300B4s and 747s and starting pay is much better than a regional.

Latest resources

Back