Interline deals for parents?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

W8N4UAL

Does anyone know of interline travel deals that are valid for parents who have flight privileges with a US major airline? Cruises, resorts, etc.

Situation...My dad recently passed away and my mom would like to use pass privileges to travel abroad. The opportunities that are popping up are the typical public-facing tours with bundled airfare.

Complications:
-I'm on furlough from United, so I know that limits her ability to use ZED or other niche interline benefits
-She may want to use a couple of my companion tickets so a friend can join her standby purgatory

Any info is much appreciated...

W8N

Actually...done "W8N' and I've moved on, but that's a longer story for another post. :)

Try:

www.perx.com

They're a travel agency which specializes strictly in interline work. From the website, you can click on "Eligibility," which will tell you which cruise line, vacation deal, cheap tickets, etc., will accept parents. They're all different; some accept retirees, others not; some accept parents and parents-in-law, others not. You have to check individual offerers. If you dig deep enough on the website, you'll find an easy-to-read matrix of who extends deals to whom.

Another interline travel agent I've used is:

www.dargal.com

You can get similar info from them. In both cases, you can even sign up for a weekly newsletter email with all the latest deals for interliners. I just delete 'em until I have vacation coming up, then start paying attention. If you have questions, or something is unclear on eligibility, they both have 800- numbers where you can talk to a real person.

Good luck!

Bubba

My parents live on those sites. I think your mom will find something for a good price there. Enjoy!

Try:

www.perx.com

They're a travel agency which specializes strictly in interline work. From the website, you can click on "Eligibility," which will tell you which cruise line, vacation deal, cheap tickets, etc., will accept parents. They're all different; some accept retirees, others not; some accept parents and parents-in-law, others not. You have to check individual offerers. If you dig deep enough on the website, you'll find an easy-to-read matrix of who extends deals to whom.

Another interline travel agent I've used is:

www.dargal.com

You can get similar info from them. In both cases, you can even sign up for a weekly newsletter email with all the latest deals for interliners. I just delete 'em until I have vacation coming up, then start paying attention. If you have questions, or something is unclear on eligibility, they both have 800- numbers where you can talk to a real person.

Good luck!

Bubba

Just an FYI, dargal and perx are the same company.

Vacationstogo.com

You sign up and check which discount category you fit into: The e-mails arrive with great deals!

I've seen incredible deals on last minute cruises!

Later,
KBB

Costs money, but id90.com has gotten me great deals in BOS and NYC. As for the carribean, with the sandals deal why do anything else?

Dynamic Travel in Dallas has a weekly email blast with all kinds of deals.

Advantage: They don't charge a booking fee vs Dargal/Perx which charges $45 per person on cruises.

Try 800-766-2911. Ask for Samantha.

www.interlinetravel.com

Very sorry to hear about your father.

Latest resources

Back