Interline Cruise and upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

want2fly

Anyone ever had a free room upgrade on a cruise you booked through an interline company? I know its not uncommon to have it happen when you book through the cruiseline itself but just wondered if they'll ever do it for interliners.
On another note is it possible to take alcohol on the ship so that we don't have to pay outragous prices for all of our drinks?

Yes,

I booked thru a company called Dargal.. I think their website is dargal.com...

We found out when we checked on board that we were given an upgraded room, although at the time of booking, we didn't know this would happen. But we were pleasantly surprised with the customer service and prices all from dealing with them on the internet.

Hope this helps.. (And BTW, I would recommend dargal.)

yes, got upgraded from inside all the way up to a balcony. that was using perx.com couple of years ago. as far as alcohol, a 2.5 ltr. camel back filled with captain morgan packed in my checked baggage and a unlimited soft drink ticket for $25 from cruise line was more than sufficient for my 7 day cruise! vodka and gin work nicely in liter sized aquafina bottles (SO I'VE HEARD)!

OMNIDC10FO said:
yes, got upgraded from inside all the way up to a balcony. that was using perx.com couple of years ago. as far as alcohol, a 2.5 ltr. camel back filled with captain morgan packed in my checked baggage and a unlimited soft drink ticket for $25 from cruise line was more than sufficient for my 7 day cruise! vodka and gin work nicely in liter sized aquafina bottles (SO I'VE HEARD)!

Pretty much on he button re the booze. They (cruise lines)say no drinks and your bags are security checked but that's so you BUY the booze on board - it's usually the single most expensive item on a cruise!
A hip flask or as mentioned above usually works fine. But don't ask for a cork opener if you brought a wine bottle onboard and forgot the opener!!!
Seriously, I think they will mostly turn a blind eye but it's not encouraged. If you bring a whole bag of bottles, then it's going to be pretty obvious what you are doing and you may have them confiscated until the end of the cruise.

Put anything in your checked bag you want. The port authority/TSA are the ones that check the bags, not the cruise agency, and they could not care less what you put in it as long as it is not guns, drugs, fruit, etc. At the Port of Tampa the main security inspection is conducted by drug dogs sniffing each bag as the porters bring them to the warehouse. I brought 2 bottles of booze, bloody mary mix, and a 3L box of wine. More than enough for the wife and I on a 5 day cruise.

Latest resources

Back