• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jurassic Jet

Freight Trash
For the bashers on Yahoo always talking about what a disaster the sort is:

“Our people did an outstanding job of providing a level of service to our principal customer that earned us the maximum possible incremental markup for annual service performance (covering both on-time performance and sorting accuracy) under our Hub Services agreement for 2007,” Hete said. “This was the best service result we have achieved under that agreement since 2004, when we also attained maximum credit."

This sounds interesting:

More recently, DHL has expressed interest in utilizing more of our 767s, due to the aircraft’s superior reliability and cost efficiency (including fuel efficiency and two-person flight crews :p ). We hope to be able to reach a mutually beneficial arrangement with them to place additional 767s in their U.S. network.

Charter work:

With our flight crew domiciled in Osaka, Japan, we look forward to deploying two to four additional 767s into that region during 2008 on behalf of ANA and other Asian carriers, and to improving efficiencies and reducing travel costs, which we anticipate will restore the margins we envisioned when we launched these operations last May.

Outlook:

Possibly tied to the additional 767's mentioned above or maybe something on a much larger scale?

Hete said, “We believe we can assist DHL in reducing its costs in the U.S. while continuing to earn an acceptable return on ABX Air’s invested capital. We look forward to working with DHL to achieve these important objectives.

Source:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080317/20080317006586.html?.v=1

I hope this is indeed good news for ABX Air, we certainly could use some. My concern is that this may be referring to the ABX Holdings "family" as a whole. I hope that one day soon we can all be "ONE" big happy family, changing the ACMI model worldwide.

one list = excellent careers, all around!

Does anyone know if a grievance has been filed by the ABX pilots to integrate ATI and CCI into their seniority list?

For now, anyway, the big dogs are maintaining that the three airlines will be operated separately. I don't think any of the Cappy guys or any of us at ATI would have any complaints about working under ABX contract language. Don't see it happening any time soon, though.

Latest resources

Back