• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Interesting picture

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
Total Time
how is that intresting?

and your avitar sucks

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
Total Time
NA
Pugh said:
Anyone know the story behind the photo?

I was wondering the same thing. Was wondering how recent it was, and if the crew/pax survived. (Looks like they did).

Flyeys

Total Time
mins
looks like a photoshop job to me. CRJ nose/cockpit section and wing with a prop put in there.

Long Time Gone

Never Did The Atkins
Total Time
Genug
Flyeys said:
looks like a photoshop job to me. CRJ nose/cockpit section and wing with a prop put in there.

Don't know the facts of the accident, and could be a photoshop, but it's not a "photoshop job" because of the nose/cockpit section.

The CRJ nose/cockpit section and the DHC-8 nose/cockpit section are the exact same components. I've flown both, and it seems to me that you could swap out the windows with ease due to the size, even though they are of different material and couldn't be swapped legally. The door size is the same, etc. The differences are only on the interior, not the exterior (except for the obvious, such as the high wing vs. low wing, etc.).

Not claiming to be an expert, just my .02.

LTG

Last edited:

DC8 Flyer

It's SO BIG!
Total Time
-5 GMT
Flyeys said:

That's a Dash cockpit, taxi light in the nose, just below the center windshield. It's either a 300 or 400 model.

ultrarunner

Total Time
Something isn't quite right. The "dash 8" wing has collapsed down, into the cabin and appears to be in one piece..look to the left of the nose section, and you can see the rest of the wing.

But then you have this "other" wing up in the trees. Now, I'm no 300 hr RJ wonder pilot, but I'm pretty sure that's a winglet on the end!

MKaprocki

Total Time
ultrarunner said:
But then you have this "other" wing up in the trees. Now, I'm no 300 hr RJ wonder pilot, but I'm pretty sure that's a winglet on the end!

I thought that was the tail with the horizontal stabilizer on top? :confused:

pilotmiketx

Registerd User
Total Time
oodles
MKaprocki said:
I thought that was the tail with the horizontal stabilizer on top? :confused:

It is, if you look real close you can see the rest of the stab in the trees.

ultrarunner

Total Time
Ahhh, right you guys are...after a couple of glasses of wine, a little head-tilt uncovered the hiding tail in the shadow...

good work inspectors!

NookyBooky

Beach Bum Extraordanaire
Total Time
ha!
learflyer said:
So do our football teams!:D

I went to the Giants vs. Chargers game on Sunday, a friend gave me tickets in the fourth row up directly behind the NY bench. It was pretty cool until I was hit by a flying beer cup that was intended for my friend-who was wearing a Giants jersey. I was going to return the favor, but nobody claimed it.

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
Total Time
learflyer said:
So do our football teams!:D

yes but we are the only one that actually plays in NY

Swede

Live from Caracas
Total Time
80+
It looks to me that two Bigfoot creatures killed a couple of Russian cops, stole their uniforms, and are posing for the camera, after devouring the injured but still alive CP crewmembers.

That's all I could see that was interesting. ;)