• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting Landing Technique

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilots trying to land a jet like a Cessna 150: Gotta love 'em...

I guess it would be better to simply land in a crab since all airliners have castering landing gear like the Buff....oh wait...

I guess it would be better to simply land in a crab since all airliners have castering landing gear like the Buff....oh wait...

I'm referring to the clowns who pull thrust levers to idle at 100 feet, then drop it on, jarring themselves out of their cowboy boots.
Also, Yoke-Pumper clowns who jerk that yoke around so much in the final 50 feet, I sometimes wonder if they're trying to pull it out of its fixings.

I'm referring to the clowns who pull thrust levers to idle at 100 feet, then drop it on, jarring themselves out of their cowboy boots.
Also, Yoke-Pumper clowns who jerk that yoke around so much in the final 50 feet, I sometimes wonder if they're trying to pull it out of its fixings.
Is 50' OK for flight idle? Besides as told by my instructor on my first flight in a T-34, "Flaring is like squatting to pee, do that flare B... S... again and you will be driving a boat" I never flared again until I flew the P-3

FYI.....landing in a crab in Boeing Heavies is permitted....not sure about your 737 but the 757 and 767 are approved for it to preclude scraping an engine or flap......no catering gear, just built like a tank.

Guys land better with cowboy boots.

Latest resources

Back