• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting Comair 1113c tidbit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, you took a paycut, and now everybody has to. Come one GL isn't that a little childish.

GL jsut hates Comair.

50 mil profit eh? and they want to throw that away over a dispute of 5 million dollars.

Plus that is 50mil DL gets to keep in its pocket, instead of giving it to CHQ or OO

Profit in this is simply how delta wants the figures to fall - it's all PAPER profit. While Comair is wholly (spelt wrong I'm sure) owned, Delta may be fattening the pig for market! "Hey look, one airline (profitable of course) for sale"
Don't kid yourself, Delta will help only Delta, Not Comair, Not ASA (apart from it's deal with JA).
When Delta looks at the numbers, it may work in their favor to dump Comair, call it a loss and come back to their Pilots crying poverty, requesting that the pensions be dropped!
Delta knows it can make more money by farming the flying out to another regional - now is the time to get rid of Comair, if it wants to take full advantage of the present BK.

Profit in this is simply how delta wants the figures to fall - it's all PAPER profit. While Comair is wholly (spelt wrong I'm sure) owned, Delta may be fattening the pig for market! "Hey look, one airline (profitable of course) for sale"
Don't kid yourself, Delta will help only Delta, Not Comair, Not ASA (apart from it's deal with JA).
When Delta looks at the numbers, it may work in their favor to dump Comair, call it a loss and come back to their Pilots crying poverty, requesting that the pensions be dropped!
Delta knows it can make more money by farming the flying out to another regional - now is the time to get rid of Comair, if it wants to take full advantage of the present BK.

Haven't the pensions already gone?

Sounds like yet another CHQ guy salivating over the possibility of growing at Comair's expense...:rolleyes:

I don't think an airline will ever actually use the 1113c to void a contract on pilots. Mesaba called their bluff. The airline would be shut down by a lot of resignations or by "flying the book". Are concessions nessecary at Comair? I fail to see how with a $50 mil dollar profit. Concessions should be used as a last resort by an airline about to die.

When/if the courts preserve the right to strike after a voided contract no airline will ever use it again as more than a bluff. Lets face it I don't think the creditors would let the airline liquidate over a few million bucks. Thats just common sense. I don't like the idea of anyone salivating at getting someone elses flying either.

In my uneducated few of bankruptcy...

Isn't the Judge only supposed to worry about survival of the the airline so it can pay the creditors? If we (Comair) are a profitable entity, how can the judge say anything about our pay? It should be out of his hands. This is a case of, "If it isn't broke, don't fix it."

Afterall, this is bankruptcy...meaning, the rules are suspended temporarily so the airline can just survive. Now, we aren't talking about survival. We are talking about Delta wanting to sqeeze us for more profit. It is too late BABY! The industry is bouncing back and we are profitable. Maybe 1 dollar, maybe a million. But, we are still profitable (ok, the industry is not bouncing. Slowly trending upward though.) They should have 1113'ed us a year ago.

This basically is, "Your honor, I am currently recieving 2 golden eggs a day from this chicken, make it give me 4!"

Last edited:
This basically is, "Your honor, I am currently recieving 2 golden eggs a day from this chicken, make it give me 4!"

That's certainly what this sounds like....

"While this represents an improvement, it is by no means a sufficient improvement, because other regional carriers are able to offer the same capacity as is provided by Comair at materially lower costs."

To the DAL guys - The Bastain declaration makes mention of $8 billion in total Delta cost reductions by 2007 (they got started in 2002). He also says that $5 billion has already been realized. That leaves $3 billion and a little over a year. Any thoughts on where that's going to come from?

FWIW and FYI type stuff.....
The fourteen RFP recipients include SkyWest Airlines, Mesa Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, Shuttle America, Mesaba Airlines, Big Sky Airlines, Horizon Air, Air Wisconsin, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Comair Airlines, Pinnacle Airlines, TransStates Airlines, PSA Airlines, and ExpressJet Airlines.

So these were the 14 that were invited to bid. I wonder which carriers actually submitted a bid.

Not that it's any surprise, but Air Wisconsin was told this week that it's bid was uncompetitive and we are not in the final round.

Good luck guys.

I think that any carrier that underbids a union carrier should be blackballed, we keep crying about the race to the bottom but our union does nothing to stop it. The unions of the past would have stopped this bidding process long ago.

I think that any carrier that underbids a union carrier should be blackballed, we keep crying about the race to the bottom but our union does nothing to stop it. The unions of the past would have stopped this bidding process long ago.

Sure and maybe every non union pilot that doesn't step aside as a union pilot passes in the terminal should be blackballed too. Also you take away his birthday too, that'll show him.

Are you for real?
Can you really be that stupid?

Pilots don't set up contracts, that's what management is for.

Latest resources

Back