• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interesting ATC tape

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I was still teaching, you can bet I would make this required listening for my primary students. The sad thing is that there's a whole bunch of non-instrument rated pilots that think the hood work they did will save their life if they encounter IMC. Even worse are the instructors who don't apply a huge effort in making sure their students understand how limited they are in this respect.

Those of you without instrument ratings who've spent thousands of dollars on fancy, color moving-map GPS's should listen to this tape. I know what you're saying:

"I'd never lose control and panic. I fly great under the hood, and practice on my computer too! That guy was just a pu$$y."

Denial. It's not just a river in Egypt.

Wholly Craploa, almost can't believe the first part is real, almost bone chilling.
The best part is he got back in the airplane.

N9815L

From the AOPA N# site:

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]N Number:[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]9815L[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]Serial Number:[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]17276618[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]Registered Owner:[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]WESTOSHA FLYING CLUB INC[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]City:[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]WILMOT[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]State:[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]WI[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]Zip:[/size][/font][font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial][size=-1]53192-0327[/size][/font]

and

[font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]N-Number[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]Serial #[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]Year[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]City[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]State[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]Zip[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]Manufacturer[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]Model[/size][/font][font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]N 9815L[/size][/font] [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]17276618[/size][/font] [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]1986[/size][/font] [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]WILMOT[/size][/font] [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]WI[/size][/font] [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]53192-0327[/size][/font] [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]CESSNA[/size][/font] [font=VERDANA,HELVETICA,ARIAL][size=-1]172P[/size][/font]

see the actual airplane:

http://www.directwfc.com/fleet.htm

and

http://www.directwfc.com/home.htm

Last edited:
Some people just shouldn't be pilots, the idiot is screaming like crazy instead of trying to fly the plane, it's not hard to FOCUS on the problem and he refused to do that.
I hope he never has the opportunity to fly passengers.

"I hope he never has the opportunity to fly passengers"

Knowing how this industy works he's probibly upgrading at JetBlue as we speek.

Note: the above comment was not ment as a slam on JB pilots or JB or anyother pilot or company.

Just another reason I'm glad to be getting the instrument rating...not that this kind of stuff doesn't happen to instrument rated pilots, but...makes me feel like I can handle flying in the soup when I finish...

-mini

Latest resources

Back