• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saab fixr

professioanl speal kecker
doddaa2001's Full Review: Frontier Airlines
I wasn't sure exactly how to title this article, so I went to google and typed in "fly frontier" hoping that I would see some kitschy phrase that would inspire a title. Instead I found exactly the phrase I had searched, fly Frontier, ho hum. Then I saw that my search results had brought back another review site where one reviewer made the statement, "I'd rather fly coach on Frontier than 1st class on United". I thought about it for half a second & decided that was the essence of how I feel about flying Frontier over other airlines.

There are several reasons I feel this way of course, first & foremost is comfort. My fiance at a towering 6'9" dreads flying as he knows that he'll never be comfortable, but if he HAS to fly & I give him a choice between Frontier & United. He'll always choose Frontier. The reason is that because the planes are newer, the seats are also larger & he knows that he'll be able to raise the arm seats. We spent a 2 hour flight when flying United where he spent the flight sitting with one hip in his seat & his rear sitting on an arm seat that could not be raised & lowered. By the time we got off the plane, his legs were numb from his circulation being cut off & he was a mite testy - understandably.

In addition to the planes being newer, the staff is always friendly & personable. One look at my fiance & the staff has always been willing to ask other more average sized passengers to give up the emergency exit seats so that my fiance not only has more leg room, but since the aisle in front of the emergency exit seats don't lean back there's no danger of another passenger trying to lean back in to my fiance's knees & being unable to do so. Everyone wins.

Don't be fooled, Frontier doesn't just cater to taller than average individuals, they cater to the average too. For instance, there's a built in TV in the back of every seat so even if you're average sized or short you're still able to see the TV screen. There were times I was flying United & I couldn't get a good look at the TV screen, so instead of an enjoyable way to pass the time, which I figured was the whole point, I would just get frustrated. Not so with Frontier.

Additionally, in the Denver International Airport (Frontier's home town) Frontier is located at Gate A. So instead of having to take the tram from one end of the complex to the other right after you get through airport security, you're at your gate. Which after all the hassle you go through to travel, its nice to have this small convenience.

Whenever I've flown Frontier they've never been late. Including once when they had to de-ice the plane. In fact, they kept everyone sitting on the plane informed of the what they were doing, their progress, how much longer it would be & whether or not it would interrupt any other flight connections, which in this case it didn't. I remember having to sit on a United plane for 3 hours past the departure time in Chicago O'Hare with little to no information about what was going on. Not only did I not know what was going on, we weren't allowed to move around the cabin freely. Needless to say myself & some of the other passengers were a wee bit aggravated by the time we did take off. Do you think United amended the situation? Nope.

In fact, I've been so impressed with Frontier's service that I joined their frequent flyer program. I haven't been able to use it yet since most of my destinations have been East & Frontier seems to specialize more in Western destinations, but I'm determined that at some point I'll have accumulated enough points for a trip to Hawaii. Fortunately, for me flying Frontier isn't the only way to earn mileage points with Frontier, which just makes it that much more appealing to join their program. ;)

I have only one complaint regarding Frontier, I wish they flew to more locations, such as London, then I wouldn't be forced to use another airline & could stick with the cute, furry animals and funny adverts I've come to love & associate with Frontier.

Recommended:
Yes

That was neither interesting, or an article. 2 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Latest resources

Back