Interested in Flying PC12s for Alpha Flying? Good ProPilot Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

A friend forwarded this article to me and I thought it was interesting - especially for those people out there looking to get on with PlaneSense/Alpha Flying out of PSM and PDK. Certainly the flying is varied with trips into major airports and into short, grass strips. The PC-12NG looks impressive with its Honeywell Apex system up front - although I have heard mixed reviews. Sounds like you will see a lot of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket during the summer!

The article is reasonably well written with the normal PR spin added here and there (some vague sections without many details related to benefits). The CEO is impressive and he clearly stresses the importance of customer service (we should hire him at my airline! :laugh:). Training on the PC-12 seems very rigorous as well. Obviously the job is not for everyone, but I have personally met a few former AF pilots over the last few years who really enjoyed the job and the inherent variety of the flying.

Here is the article link: http://www.propilotmag.com/archives/2013/April 13/A1_PlaneSense_p1.html

Two points that were not clearly addressed in the article:

1. How are the bases allocated (either PSM or PDK)? How easy is it to bid PDK? Can newhires start out of PDK or do they have to do time out of PSM before bidding PDK?

2. What are the odds that Alpha Flying will order the new "mystery jet" - the new PC-24 twin jet to be announced in the next month or two? I recall when AF ordered the doomed Grob SpN jet a few years back before the program died. I imagine the PC-24 jet will offer similar versatility (with 8 passenger seats?) to the PC-12 and Alpha Flying will want to provide its customers with an upgrade option that doesn't sacrifice that versatility. Would make sense....;):cool:

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back