Inter-Service Rivary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gorilla said:
When us alternative types were scheduled to fly DACT with the Navy, there was usually bitter disappointment because the training sucked. It was like beating up on the Civil Air Patrol. The Marines were better; at least they didn't have a pathetic, silk-scarf attitude.

Come on, Gorilla! After that silly DACT was finished, the important stuff had yet to begin. I'm sure they got an OK-3 wire when they got back. Let's get the priorities back in line, okay? :laugh:

AdlerDriver said:
Come on, Gorilla! After that silly DACT was finished, the important stuff had yet to begin. I'm sure they got an OK-3 wire when they got back. Let's get the priorities back in line, okay? :laugh:

Damn guys, no need to associate all of Naval Aviation with a guy who, and I'm guessing since I'm fairly new, is pretending to be a SEAL.

A couple of points-

#1 'Silk-scarf attitude'?!? Aren't you guys the ones with ascotts?

#2 We like landing on the boat, but I'm not sure everything else takes quite the backseat to it that you all think. To us, its just the final admin part of the flight.

guppygoshawk said:
dang guys, no need to associate all of Naval Aviation with a guy who, and I'm guessing since I'm fairly new, is pretending to be a SEAL.

A couple of points-

#1 'Silk-scarf attitude'?!? Aren't you guys the ones with ascotts?

#2 We like landing on the boat, but I'm not sure everything else takes quite the backseat to it that you all think. To us, its just the final admin part of the flight.

Guppy, you're a good man. Mr. "Seal Pretender" has been baiting us for a LONG time. It gets old. Unlike most trolls who go away when ignored, he keeps plugging. I guess persistence does pay when it comes to trolling. Too bad he wasn't persistent enough in the military, hence the need to pose.

MAGNUM!! said:
Don't tell Dave his business. In his world it's 1989 and he's Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge. Facts mean nothing. I've had better luck arguing with my TV.

That was hilarious.

DaveGriffin said:
Dave has taken a 5 day leave for flamebaiting. He will be back soon, and a much changed member I'm sure.
- 5 days ain't enough, IMHO. Give him 30.
- I doubt he'll change his act, but I hope you are right.

As a former grunt in the Marines who relied on CAS, thanks to all of you. Preferred Marine, but was never dissapointed by anyone elses support.

CAS by BUFFs

Russ said:
As a former grunt in the Marines who relied on CAS, thanks to all of you. Preferred Marine, but was never dissapointed by anyone elses support.

I saw a documentary on the siege of the Marine base at Khe Sanh. The NVA was tunneling in, virtually immune to CAS. Finally, our guys took the risk of hunkering down and calling in B-52s, which collapsed the tunnels with a very precise and heavy strike.

Latest resources

Back