Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Junior2

The one and only
Anybody have any info on the 1900 that Intel has based in Olympia, WA?? I know that they run a company shuttle between hillsboro, OR and Olympia. and I am just curious if they are hiring, what the pay is, the QOL, and benefits????.... any info would be great!!!

Last edited:
Two of my co-pilots used to fly over there and they had very little to say positive about the gig. That's why they're both here now...

Bad pay. Boring. Morale not the best.

Sounds like you should look elsewhere.

I've heard all that too (I sometimes fly with a guy who used to work there), and yet oddly enough they are never hiring.

I would actually consider it (no, not the 1900s, but the WScOD) because they have a very nice schedule, but I've never heard of them hiring for HIO.

LegacyDriver said:
Two of my co-pilots used to fly over there and they had very little to say positive about the gig. That's why they're both here now...

Bad pay. Boring. Morale not the best.

Sounds like you should look elsewhere.

Beechjetr said:
I believe it's run by ADI out of PTK.

Yes and my understanding is that INTEL is always trying to force cost cuts on the department every single quarter to the point it becomes impossible. Then it goes out to bid for another cheap operator, ad nauseum.

Wish someone could shed more light on this. I am not qualified to speak on it. I just got really bad vibes listening to the guys talk about it.

LegacyDriver said:
Yes and my understanding is that INTEL is always trying to force cost cuts on the department every single quarter to the point it becomes impossible. Then it goes out to bid for another cheap operator, ad nauseum.

It's all part of the Intel "culture". If Intel had their way, Pilots should fly mandatory overtime, work 60+ hour weeks, work on weekends, often falling asleep at "the office" at 3am. The flight department should cost-justify itself in profitability each quarter. Failure to satisfy the bean counters results in elmination of the division.

Once a year, pilots will submit peer reviews sabotaging each other during "Focal" to get a better pay raise. The cockpit will become a competitive work environment. "Why should I help you when it takes away from me becoming an outstanding employee?" An arbitrary x% will be layed off each year, with X being the cost-cutting target for the year.

The rest of their work force goes through this. Why should "their" pilots be treated differently?

Funny you should mention that. I heard that the mamangement at INTEL was "hungry" for technical data on performance numbers and such.

Latest resources

Back