• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Integration Day

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't think it has anything to do with the fact that the NJA schedulers have to schedule almost 3000 pilots verses the hand-full of pilots that the NJI schedulers have to deal with? How many airplanes do we have and how many airplanes do they have? Numbers have to mean something.

I've heard that argument and I don't buy it. While I don't know the exact number I would wonder if the ratio of schedulers to pilots is that much different between NJI and NJA.

I'm in the X (one of the bigger fleets). We have 391 pilots. We have our own fleet specific schedulers. How is that so different from NJI?

I've also heard the argument that scheduling would be flooded with calls. ?! Guess what? Every time I call a flight manager with a scheduling question they then call the scheduler. How does that help?

With no disrespect to the flight managers intended, it reminds me of trying to communicate with your wife by relaying everything through your mother-in-law.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Would you explain it please?

Any company that is heavy with equipment such as construction equipment, trucking companies and airlines has a debt service to pay monthly for the cost of owning or leasing equipment. The fractional model is different. There are no payments on capital equipment. The owners or customers pay for the metal that is flown. They also pay CMH or whomever a management fee and operational hourly fee. Labor can leverage any company that has a huge debt service more easily than a "services only company".
Does that make sense? Contact by pm if not.

That makes sense, but under the current relations between NetJets (NJA/NJI) and labor I'm not sure why it is necessary?

In 2005 NetJets learned the value of happy employees.

Wow I've been gone a long time. Last time I was here there were guys screaming that if NJI became part of a Union they would be quitting. Has that happened yet? Doubtful...;)

But I digress. I see "everyone" a little worried about this integration. But I don't understand the fear factor at all.

NJI Capts are really worried about what? I see nothing but an upside for them....

1) overtime.
2) Undertime
3) Holiday pay
4) extended days pay as worked not per qtr

These two items alone will more than make up for any dues paid.

NJI FOs: They are worried they wont upgrade in the G. Maybe they wont. But based on the VSL I've seen those upgrades weren't coming that fast. On the upside here is what I see for them.

1) Overtime
2) Undertime
3) Holiday pay
4)extended day pay as worked
5) Upgrades in many cases sooner but to smaller planes with pay over $100k as Capts, Maybe not a G but hell it may turn out you enjoy running around in the States for a $100K plus

Also "everyone" gets a clear picture of the future. Now some at NJI can say they didn't see this coming but this issue has been around for at least 9 years now. Now the water will be running completely clear for us all. One big family as it really should be. Aren't we all growing tired of the us and them game?

I just want to say welcome to us all. I offer one suggestion, keep it friendly for if you don't the only person that loses is yourself......

Well said! A positive attitude by all will make for a smooth transition and a fun family reunion...:)

Flying a Gulfstream is no different than flying any other jet. Where we fly them is the point here.

It took TWO of us to make that a safe night of flying, and I was totally exhausted.The point here is...
  • Yes, you too can learn how to fly a Gulfstream all over the world (patience young Jedi).
  • No, NJI pilots are not Gods of the sky.The last thing we need is a GIV/Hawker/Ultra plane on CNN news with a helicopter hovering over the crash sight.
Thats my .02 cents on the flying differences between NJA/I.

Apparently some of you decided to skim over this part of my posting.... I never said I or any other NJI pilot was better than anyone else. And no, I wasnt born in a Gulfstream... (although my 1st ride I can remember was in a G-I with my father) and yes I have openly stated on these boards my background was flying freight and then working for ACA...Midway... Comair.

So stick that in your hat and smoke it! You may now resume your crying.

We aren't going to start that crap again are we? The union involvement with hiring has been discussed ad nauseum on the union message boards.

We aren't going to start that crap again are we? The union involvement with hiring has been discussed ad nauseum on the union message boards.

The question about scabs has never been discussed or justified on the union web site. We are not unique though. Other carriers have had that issue as well. I'll bet any union would prefer to have more input into hiring.

Latest resources

Back