Forums Chief Pilot
Staff member
Type aircraft owned
Carbon Cub FX-3
Base airport
KFCI
Ratings
COMM, IFR, MEL, SEL
@Schwbo your last email regarding insurance and I replied suggesting Ladd Gardner ([email protected]) as he seemed to be in with the STOL group on Facebook, Dave Embry gave me his info, I spoke with him and he seems like a good person to go through. My quote was in the 7K realm and I am still expecting that based on the GA situation, recent accidents, companies pulling out of the insurance market, etc. However, Ladd told me the best thing you can do is continue to build TW time, recency, etc. so when the time comes to secure insurance on your plane you are better qualified and presented to the insurance companies Ladd will work to get the best price on. It will also come with limitations such as min time in type, requirements for someone else that may fly your plane, etc. It's important that you meet that min time in type should you be doing your own 40hr flyoff as I intend.

I think you are right and I should try and schedule a 5-day CC transition at TacAero near When I’m doing phase 1 building and then do the 40h or the 20h. Speaking of which, do you have a test flight program? How long would it normally take to achieve the 40h?

Latest resources

Back