• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Insurance Requirements?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It really depends. I just got a guy insured in our jet that was 50 hours short of the min TT, 250 short of multi, no time in type, when the insurance open pilot mins are 1500 TT, 500 multi, 100 turbine, and 25 in type along with school. They approved him as long as we sent him to school, although it took quite a bit of convincing. Of all the quotes we got, only one company would approve him, and ironically, this company offered us the best rate.

You can insure anybody in anything, it'll just cost you more money. And sim training is a given. It's gettting nearly impossible to get someone by without it.

CapnVegetto said:
You can insure anybody in anything, it'll just cost you more money. And sim training is a given. It's gettting nearly impossible to get someone by without it.
If you have the right broker, even school can be waived with no financial penalty. Never would I reccommend doing it that way, but I have seen that recently in several instances. It's all about the broker and his relationship with the underwriter. Most guys don't want to hear that, but it is how the industry works. If you have to beg and plead, then you are dealing with a broker who has a crap relationship with the underwriter and that broker probably has clients who have had claims. Get a new broker. Also, a guy that sells home, boat, car and Aviation insurance is not a broker. He is a regular insurance salesman that just increased your Fixed Operating Costs through inexperience and a lack of knowledge.

There is a guy flying a CL60 P135 out of Kansas City as a co-pilot. His training? 3 Bounces. Oh, and he has been to school, sure, just not on the CL60. And don't think for a minute that Capt flying with him is some CL60 Ace. He'll tell you he is, but the truth is he is nothing more than a ego driven stick hog with no business sense and the finest inventory of snake oil this side of the Mississippi. Flying charter in a CL60 and not sending a guy to school. Now that's class.

Hawker F/O:

I know EXACTLY who you are talking about! Lol.

And he does have some mighty fine snake oil. I almost bought some once....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back