insurance minimums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acat

What kind of experience and flight time do most insurance companies require one to have in order to captain an entry level jet (CJ1, CJ2, CJ3)? We are looking at possibly getting one in the future and I am curious whether most insurance companies would allow me to fly these with no jet experience.
Thanks

Multi engine, instrument, type rating.
Then, if it is yours, they will require someone to ride along with you for a while.

If it isn't yours, they want a lot of turbine time.

Simply put, depends on how much you are willing to pay and how much you need to be insured for (hull + liability + medical + whatever else).

My flight department stepped up from a King Air to a Citation last year (before I was hired). Neither of the pilots had jet time. The company reached an agreement that before any non-company employees were carried, the PIC would have at least 100 hours in type and the SIC at least 50. They hired a captain qualified contract guy that had Cessna time to fly in the right seat for the first 25 hours and just flew around the country for about a week building the necessary flight time. The company just wrote it off as part of the acquisition costs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back