Insurance minimums for a Westwind FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Capt1124

This has been discussed recently, but I would like some feedback on my particular situation.

I will need to hire a new FO in awhile. This job has always been held by low time guys, mostly with just some instructional experience and a little multi, some without even that. The last guy I hired actually had sim training and Westwind SIC time from a previous employer; I though he would be a shoo in with the insurance company, but apparently the office people had to do quite a bit of arm twisting to get him approved.

The boss will not pay more than entry level wages for this job; so I"m going to have to go with a low timer, but what is the insurance company realistically going to have to have to do this?

seems like the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.----why don't you call them and discuss it with them?:)

if he does and you need a hard working candidate...let me know :)

1130TT with 275 Multi 100+ actual instrument.

Living in Ohio at the moment.

Is this for a 135 or 91 ?I just got a guy insured with 675tt 50 multi 25 in type and he did go thru Simfulite 135 sic.
Capt1124 said:
This has been discussed recently, but I would like some feedback on my particular situation.

I will need to hire a new FO in awhile. This job has always been held by low time guys, mostly with just some instructional experience and a little multi, some without even that. The last guy I hired actually had sim training and Westwind SIC time from a previous employer; I though he would be a shoo in with the insurance company, but apparently the office people had to do quite a bit of arm twisting to get him approved.

The boss will not pay more than entry level wages for this job; so I"m going to have to go with a low timer, but what is the insurance company realistically going to have to have to do this?

From my experience if they are recently in school on the airplane and qualified... you can get them insured. You may pay more for low timers though.......

My friend just got on a WW went through simuflite. Had like 1300TT 500Turbine and 100 multi. Its a 91/135 airtaxi op.

Latest resources

Back