Insurance - Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ned

I may be able to snatch up a corporate job from a friend. My concern is Insurance. I only have 600tt and maybe 50 multi. Would I even be insurable on a small business jet like a Citation Jet or a King air 90?

Citation Jet's and King Air 90's are single pilot aircraft. Therefore, if he wants a co-pilot to ride with him, there should be no insurance stipulations since he could fly without you, or with a passenger in the right seat.

JetPilot500

As PIC

Well I'd likely be doing computer work as well as flying (thats my in to the job) so I'd be PIC.

To be a PIC on a Citationjet (I assume you are talking the CE525) you are going to need a type rating. Assuming you get a single pilot type, you are going to have difficulty finding anyone to insure you with your flight time, unless your boss is willing to pay around 60k a year for insurance. Even then, most places are hesitant to insure CJ pilots single pilot post 9/11unless you have time in type along with various other qualifiers. If you are hired SIC, you won't be able to log the time unless the PIC has a crew type. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back