Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Instructors - What Do You Require For A BFR?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
...$300.00 and the BFR pilot's full attention for the complete day.

I wouldn't hesitate paying you 300 for a BFR since we do the same kind of flying. Long x-countries in most wx in a single engine Cessna, do you have a current CFI ticket? Where are you from Chicago?

PM me if you want to .

Last edited:
greygoose said:
because in all reality 2 yrs down the road are you going to remember how well that student performed if you were approached by the FAA? Even though the possibility of the FAA coming to talk to you is rare to slim, but you never know when that student will get in a accident and your signature is the last one in the logbook.
One of my BFR signoffs crashed and burned...his accident never even netted me a phone call from the feds.

Although him and his three passengers survived the crash, there were inuries and the plane exploded. He made some bad decisions one day and it had nothing to do with his flight review.

TDTURBO said:
I wouldn't hesitate paying you 300 for a BFR since we do the same kind of flying. Long x-countries in most wx in a single engine Cessna, do you have a current CFI ticket? Where are you from Chicago?

PM me if you want to .
No...I'm near Milwaukee. Currently I'm not prepared to do a 300.00 BFR or ICC, but the thought has come to mind to get set up to do so.

Every two years, my FIRC guy keeps beating on us about flight instructor professionalism and what we should charge for our time and what we should provide as a service. He also points out that the current single engine new aircraft purchaser is spending upwards of half a million on a new plane and it aint for pleasure flying.

Another statistic, which is sad, but the old timers who provided great flight instruction are dwindling. These guys have been the foundation of flight instruction for as long as there have been local 'professional' flight instructors. I think we have all seen, or are about to see one of these local 'icons' leave the market soon and they will sorely be missed.

Back on subject...no knocking on the esteemed CFI who has been serving the aviation community for many decades or the new CFI that has recently gotten out of flight school, but I believe there is a market in flight instruction from people who have college degrees, experience and the gift...and to make a good living at working with the new era of GA pilots. Whether it be full or part time.

FN FAL said:
No...I'm near Milwaukee. Currently I'm not prepared to do a 300.00 BFR or ICC, but the thought has come to mind to get set up to do so.

Every two years, my FIRC guy keeps beating on us about flight instructor professionalism and what we should charge for our time and what we should provide as a service. He also points out that the current single engine new aircraft purchaser is spending upwards of half a million on a new plane and it aint for pleasure flying.

Another statistic, which is sad, but the old timers who provided great flight instruction are dwindling. These guys have been the foundation of flight instruction for as long as there have been local 'professional' flight instructors. I think we have all seen, or are about to see one of these local 'icons' leave the market soon and they will sorely be missed.

Back on subject...no knocking on the esteemed CFI who has been serving the aviation community for many decades or the new CFI that has recently gotten out of flight school, but I believe there is a market in flight instruction from people who have college degrees, experience and the gift...and to make a good living at working with the new era of GA pilots. Whether it be full or part time.

You are correct, I never go with a 2 hundred hr wonder, I always get instruction from high time guys flying what I fly and in the same conditions and mission profiles. I think you are right on with a new niche that has yet to take off with owner pilots looking for advanced recurrent training, I think you would be perfect for me.

Milwaukee is 25 minutes from me, we could even do something on the side, you don't even have to sign my logbook, I just want to fly with a guy of your particular experience and pay you for it. Forget the paperwork, lets go up and have some fun!

Last edited:
TDTURBO said:
You are correct, I never go with a 2 hundred hr wonder, I always get instruction from high time guys flying what I fly and in the same conditions and mission profiles. I think you are right on with a new niche that has yet to take off with owner pilots looking for advanced recurrent training, I think you would be perfect for me.

Milwaukee is 25 minutes from me, we could even do something on the side, you don't even have to sign my logbook, I just want to fly with a guy of your particular experience and pay you for it. Forget the paperwork, lets go up and have some fun!
That is cool. I'm off every weekend and every tues and thursday.

User,
most of the older pilots are not comfortable doing stalls...and the mooney can be a real handful in the stall regime...and unless youve been shown with a very experienced mooney instructor how to do stalls...then concentrate on how to avoid getting into that position.
Most of the older guys cut thier teeth on the old airspace.and FSS stuff....help them understand how to comply with 91.103 and how to get tfr's....ground time you can show them how to get weather online and al that is offerds from duat/duats.
always work on thier performance landings....short soft and crosswinds
and are you in utah??? review mountain flying and density altitude stuff as well
and always have fun with ...just be safe too.....
Cowboy:)

p.s. we all love closer pics of the mormon girls representin:)

FN FAL said:
That is cool. I'm off every weekend and every tues and thursday.

FN,

I am also off on tueday morning until 4pm and thursday all day and weekends. :)

Lets set it up!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back