Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A1FlyBoy

Hi All,

Have a question that was just posed to me and I have not yet had time to go home and check the FAR/AIM, etc...

A friend of mine, who is a CFI applicant, is not happy with his instructor or the FBO he is at. He is a good pilot and student, but busted his CFI oral. His instructor isn't very helpful and my friend is considering a new mentor.

Off the cuff, I'd say that he can move on, but he'll require at least the 3 hours of training from the NEW instructor in order to be ready for the retest, a new 8710, and refresher on whatever it was he busted on during the oral.

Question: IE: spin endorsement in the log book ( and other endorsements from the PREVIOUS instructor )... they remain current or what?

New instructor

A lot is up to the new instructor. The new instructor may not accept all of the previous instructor's training before he/she signs off your friend. But, let's say he/she does. Then, I agree, your friend needs the three hours, absolutely a new 8710, and an endorsement by the new instructor that your friend received the additional training and can perform each operation satisfactorily, etc.

The spin endorsement should be good. Once again, a lot depends on the comfort factor the new instructor has with the old instructor's work.

Hope that helps, but tell us what the books say when you have the chance.

Latest resources

Back