Instruction rates

Skippy

Total Time
N/a
hey guys can you tell me what the going rates are for these categories with a experienced gold seal Instructor-- not with a flight school, just by myself at a medium size airport.

primary
Instrument
ME
CFI

BFR's
ICC's

just a furloughed pilot thinking about putting up a flyer

thanks,
SKIPPY

thanks

7574EVER

Total Time
2100+
I charge a flat 45/hr for all. I haven't done any freelance ME stuff; but, if that opportunity were to come around I imagine I might charge a little more. I've never understood why schools/instructors charge more for advanced vs. primary. It's the same amout of work on my end regardless. So to keep things simple I charge a flat rate per hour rate (both flight and ground). This includes BFR's and IPC's.

340drvr

Total Time
$45/hr for all sounds about right. 7574EVER's comments about one rate for all was always my policy, too. Always found the time involved for BFR (FR)'s and ICC's way too variable to post a flat rate. A price differential between student-owned and "school" owned aircraft might make sense in order to cover the non-owner CFI insurance, if applicable.

cforst513

Giggity giggity goo!!!
Total Time
I charge $35/hr for freelance, the school where I work is $65/hr.

Black Hawk

Total Time
4,000+
$50/hr. and, most important, added as a named insured on the aircraft owners insurance policy.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Are there a lot of CFI jobs out there now and for those still instructing, are the students drying up?

rumpletumbler

Total Time
Sharp decline back about September and it's very slowly starting to pick up a bit but not nearly enough.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Lynxman

I'm gonna admit that you've problably got the best avatar, at least to me.

Who is that delicious young thing! She's got bedroom eyes like none I've seen before...

Lynxman

Total Time
LOL you should have seen them last night. She is a "good" friend thats all Im going to say.

lowtimedriver

Marmott Stalker
Total Time
4-Life
LOL you should have seen them last night. She is a "good" friend thats all Im going to say.
Ready to ride complete with cowboy riding apparel?

Lynxman

Total Time
Well were kinda very slowly working into that hopefully lol. Unfortunatly shes not a whore which sucks I have never had to work this hard for a girl.

lowtimedriver

Marmott Stalker
Total Time
4-Life
Well were kinda very slowly working into that hopefully lol. Unfortunatly shes not a whore which sucks I have never had to work this hard for a girl.
Probably not worth it if you're working that hard at it. Of course, what do I know? I've been divorced twice....

Lynxman

Total Time
3rd times a charm right? Besides thats why you keep another girl on the side for those nights your lonely lol kinda like tonight was.