Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DASHDRIVER

Uber User
Just looking for an inside track on why this stuff still happens at JetBlue. I know everyone took some delays and cancelations out of the north east but Blue seemed to get hit the worst. After that valentines day thing from several years ago didn't the company invest in a better IROPS program?

Not bashing, just curious to hear how the nuts and bolts over there work from a pilot standpoint.

Just looking for an inside track on why this stuff still happens at JetBlue. I know everyone took some delays and cancelations out of the north east but Blue seemed to get hit the worst. After that valentines day thing from several years ago didn't the company invest in a better IROPS program?

Not bashing, just curious to hear how the nuts and bolts over there work from a pilot standpoint.

Based on your profile and rediculous question I would say You work at JB so why are you asking anyone else how it works "over there". If you don't work at blue let me just tell ya that it seems like no one actually knows how it works over here.

Last edited:
Our airline puts all its eggs in one basket, the northeast corridor. All of our traffic flows through BOS/JFK region. We don't have west coast traffic flows, or a mid-continent hub, so we pay the price when bad weather hits the most congested airspace in the country.

Other carriers can mostly shut down NYC ops and still move traffic through their other hubs, we can't.

It's very simple and our executive team has described it perfectly:

"We don't build the church for Easter."

Ask yourself this....

....is there a staffing level which would have prevented these melt-downs?

The answer is, absolutely. But the airline depends on lies to perpetuate a very lucrative staffing model.

Also, they've pi$$ed away the goodwill they used to recover in the past.

Reaping and sowing.

Reaping and sowing.

Last edited:
Its simple we have no true leadership. Our COO who is supposed to be in charge of running the day to day operations of the airline just spent the last two months spending 5 days a week trying to defeat us into accepting our joke of a new pea with call ins, roadshows, and meetings all over the country.

You have two choices here as middle level and above management,, say yes and nod your head or be removed...

This place is a mess operationally always has been and nobody and i repeat nobody is wllling to throw a flag in..

It's difficult to run an airline when crew scheduling doesn't even know where their crews are. Oh, and when crews are attempting to contact crew scheduling for important issues, only to be put on hold for several hours, while the operation implodes, how can anyone expect flights to depart on time? At bluejet, the right hand doesn't talk to the left hand. The incompetence is astounding. Don't believe the lie that this place shut down because of cold temperatures. Same IROP, different day. They never learn. It starts at the top. ELT hold its crews accountable, but no one holds the ELT accountable. Admit your mistakes and stop pointing fingers at Mother Nature and FAR 117. Those two excuses are a such a small part of the big picture here. They were warned. Morale is at an all time low. They can lie in the bed they made. And lie is what they do best.

CEO who most likely is on his home stretch of tenure at JetBlue
COO who was recently moved from #2 in command to #3
VP Flight Ops who had enough and is coming back to the line.

That is not a good formula for operational fitness in a time such as this.

Based on your profile and rediculous question I would say You work at JB so why are you asking anyone else how it works "over there". If you don't work at blue let me just tell ya that it seems like no one actually knows how it works over here.

Based on your response and profile I'm glad I never have to fly with your petty, childish self. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people? I have been at VX for 4 years.

To the rest of the responses, thank you. Very intresting. I feel for your frustrations. It's hard watching your hard work and efforts wasted on executive stupidity and bean counting.

Good luck folks.

One storm can takeout both major operations in a four period. Most crews commute and can't get into position to rebuild the schedule. Lack of communication and FAR 117 compounded the issue.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back