• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Insight to JetBlue operational issues?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetblue is just Jetblue. We have to do things differently than those failed models that have been in business over 75 years.

We aggressively shun processes and ideas that work and look for new ways to do things.

Just look at the pilot shirts and apply this process across the airline. For those that don't know Jetblue has been "designing a high tech pilot shirt" for going on two years now.

I'm still wearing my 9 year old shirt because the iterations between that perfectly good shirt and today were discontinued because they sucked. One was very close to burlap, the next was almost purple and the next was plastic. Now the new shirt will be very close to the Van Heusen light blue shirt that have been available the entire time.

Here we are trying to reinvent Crew Services when we fired Bob Lamansky (SP) who ran CS for a major airline because he was to legacy minded and did not fit the "we do things differently culture' of Jetblue. BTW since he was fired we have had three other leaders of CS leave Jetblue.

But we are just like the others, Huh? How many VP of OPs has AA had over the past 40 years. What about SWA in the past 20?

I think we are on our 5th in 8 years.

This event is a culture failure and that leads to the BOD and ELT.

Last edited:
Just make sure you keep accepting those 2hr extensions, those RSAs, that premium pay open trips to show the company how disgruntled you are.

Haven't picked up ********************. In fact I dropped a trip the other day.

JUST doing my j.o.b. but not avoiding it either.

Jetblew forces the 2hr extension onto everybody. You have to jump through nine burning hoops to refuse it and when you do, they just announced that you won't be pay protected.

Haven't picked up ********************. In fact I dropped a trip the other day.

JUST doing my j.o.b. but not avoiding it either.

Very good. Glad there's some out there with real integrity

And no way if you refuse they won't pay protect. That ll be shot down by the Feds. Conflict of interest and safety

Jetblues failure is a failure to invest properly in crew tracking software and infrastructure, as well as failure to properly invest in its most valuable assets. Jetblues most valuable assets no linger feel valued which allows the operation to devalue...

There's also a huge emphasis on planning for the best and hoping for he best... The worst only happens to those other guys. Upper managment here needs to take a lesson from the pilots TEM class... Hope for the best and plan and plan and expect the worst every time.

14 years is it now? And still we fail the basics.

Latest resources

Back