• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

inquiry about vectors for visual APRs

HOMER D POE

Total Time
beer
the majority of the time I get a good vector to final. lately, I 've had some not so good ones.

question: without any other traffic to contend with, have you guys considered a turbojets desire to hold 250kts until about 8 to 10 out and therefore need a wider intercept to final.
when you take us direct to the airport , it just isn't a good angle for me to configure since at night I may not pick up the runway.

I would say this is for airports I am unfamiliar with and mostly at night.

any comments?

regionalcap

Total Time
or just slow down...why are you going so fast into an unfamiliar airport at night?

HOMER D POE

Total Time
beer
i guess I could slow down.. a little..10 from the FAF is plenty of space to slow down. I see you're back in the right seat. don't ya hate it when a captain tries to tell how to fly the plane his way.

Last edited: