• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I

IntheShade

OK so now I am curious.

Who (at your company) cleans the passenger cabin and what type training do they have to accomplish the job?

WHO does NUMBER two work FOR?

I can use all those fancy buttons too.

I was trained by FedEx Express to A) clear the cockpit of all lose items, papers, and food items left by previous crews (fortunately not too much of the food left...). Place a clean trash bag available for the crew. If paper pads for capt/FO missing then bring some out. Put 2 sani-wipes on each yoke for the crews. Then take a water bottle for each pilot and wrap it in a napkin and place it in the storage closest to that crewmember. Get the cockpit warm/cool as required and do everything I could to make it as comfortable as possible for them when they got out there 30 minutes after I showed up....

I was glad to learn these skills...it meant I had a great job at a great company. It was an icebreaker with my crews (hey captain...you need a water while I'm up? Are you a Diet coke fan?).

I also grew up growing tobacco, working with lifestock, and a lot of jobs a lot less glamourous than flying. At the same time, my former Ops Grp commander, who could fly an F-15 around just about anyone and had the "right" to be as proud and arrogant as anyone I've served with in the military is also now a S/O at FDX, and we recently flew together. He did the same things I was doing a year or two ago with a smile and zero attitude.

Don't want to be an engineer/second officer? Don't apply to FedEx. Don't want to get shot at? Don't join the military. Don't want to clean a cabin here and there? Don't apply to jetblue. Don't want to identified as a petty dick? Quit posting flamebait on flightinfo.

AlbieF15 said:
I was trained by FedEx Express to A) clear the cockpit of all lose items, papers, and food items left by previous crews (fortunately not too much of the food left...). Place a clean trash bag available for the crew. If paper pads for capt/FO missing then bring some out. Put 2 sani-wipes on each yoke for the crews. Then take a water bottle for each pilot and wrap it in a napkin and place it in the storage closest to that crewmember. Get the cockpit warm/cool as required and do everything I could to make it as comfortable as possible for them when they got out there 30 minutes after I showed up....

I was glad to learn these skills...it meant I had a great job at a great company. It was an icebreaker with my crews (hey captain...you need a water while I'm up? Are you a Diet coke fan?).

I also grew up growing tobacco, working with lifestock, and a lot of jobs a lot less glamourous than flying. At the same time, my former Ops Grp commander, who could fly an F-15 around just about anyone and had the "right" to be as proud and arrogant as anyone I've served with in the military is also now a S/O at FDX, and we recently flew together. He did the same things I was doing a year or two ago with a smile and zero attitude.

Don't want to be an engineer/second officer? Don't apply to FedEx. Don't want to get shot at? Don't join the military. Don't want to clean a cabin here and there? Don't apply to jetblue. Don't want to identified as a petty dick? Quit posting flamebait on flightinfo.

I am starting to think you are a robot. Always on target and always rational. BTW, I didn't want to get shot at, but oh well. Comes with the job. You are 100% right.

AlbieF15 said:

I see. So in a nutshell you package this and sell it as an interview prep.

Let me explain something to you Albie. Not all of us are high flying International First Officers with Former Group Commanders Flight Engineers serving coffee to us.

Nope--the rest of us are still aspiring to be you.

As such, there are many questions to be asked.

I was told that aircraft cabin cleaning crews were a good foot in the door to an cockpit job. Go back and read my initial question in the context it was asked.

Now--I am learning that at some airlines a cockpit job is a good entry position for aircraft cabin cleaning.

Excuse me for asking.

arthompson said:
Number two works for Number One who happened to actually be Number 6.

I'm not a number, I'm a free man!

A little Iron Maiden goes along way

*Yes, I know that is not where it originally came from but it brought back memories._

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back