Info & Upgrades!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FoxyWhiskey

If you fly for Air Wisconsin or Piedmont, I'm interested in hearing about your QOL and what the current UPG time is running. Thanks! :)

-FW

Piedmont's upgrade has dropped below 2 years. We are gonna run into problems now with people not having the time to upgrade. Our first five Captain s have left for US Airways mainline and there is be 10 a month going to mainline until the end of the year. So about 50 more upgrades this year.

QOL is good if you live in base. I know both us and Air Wisconsin have really good working contracts compared to most regionals.

good luck

Piedmont might in the future get Larger Turbo Props. We just voted the rates in and are waiting to see if we get anything.

You're too optimistic surf! those rates are dead unless we buy one of those remaining 8 SAS birds. Anyone with the inside info about when/if and how low the TT requirement will go? Are we the only ones that have one above ATP?

Whatever the current story is with upgrades, it will change by the time you're ready to upgrade.

Go somewhere that you would be happy with being at long term when the music stops... because with oil and the economy, it very well could.

You're too optimistic surf! those rates are dead unless we buy one of those remaining 8 SAS birds. Anyone with the inside info about when/if and how low the TT requirement will go? Are we the only ones that have one above ATP?

Like I said, we are waiting to see if we get anything. Believe me I am not too optimistic. However, TurboProps will be a key now to most regional flying with fuel where its at. So I am optimistic that this airline will be around longer then I orginally thought.

Plus, I would worry about going to regional that only operates 50 Seat RJ's. Delta/American plan on parking many of those.

So Right now with 110.00 a barrel. A Turbo Prop might be a safe thing to be puttin around in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back