Info picketing of ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetLee

WE MIGHT SEE THIS LETTER SHOW UP IN THE RJDC LAWSUIT!!! THIS IS NO BS. I ACTUALLY GOT THIS OFF THE ALPA MAIN (PUBLIC) WEB PAGE.

Release #02.70
August 5, 2002

PREPARED STATEMENT:
Allegheny Airlines Pilots Informational Picketing of ALPA

The Air Line Pilots Association represents 66,000 airline pilots at 43 airlines in the U.S. and Canada. The needs of pilots at each of these airlines will vary because of differences in markets, route structure, and financial condition. Therefore, within certain limits spelled out in its Constitution and By-Laws, ALPA gives each pilot group a great amount of latitude and autonomy in negotiating its own collective bargaining agreements.

ALPA respects the right of each pilot group to negotiate the best appropriate terms it can achieve with its employer. The union provides each pilot group with significant support in terms of money and staff resources toward reaching its negotiating goals. Such support is provided equitably and without favoritism.

Because of market conditions and the post-9/11 fall-out, the US Airways pilots are considering measures to provide significant relief, including $465 million per year for 6-1/2 years (a one-third cut in unit operating costs), elimination of a no-furlough clause, reductions in the fleet of large airliners, and an increase in the ratio of small jets (SJs) in the fleet. The purpose of these concessions is to allow the airline to go forward with securing a government loan guarantee, without which neither US Airways nor its wholly owned express carriers, including Allegheny, have much prospect of surviving.

Understandably, some pilots at both US Airways and Allegheny Airlines are going to be unhappy with some of the consequences of these developments. ALPA respects the right of both US Airways and Allegheny pilots to pursue their own best interests under the union’s framework of democratic action; and ALPA remains committed to a process of providing fair and evenhanded support to all pilot groups as they pursue the best possible outcomes in their various dealings with their employers.

# # #

ALPA CONTACT: John Mazor (703) 481-4440

DW is an a$$hole. I was there and picketed my own union. O and BTW we saw you ALPA national guys sneaking out the back door as to not face us. Also your little intern b1tch boy who came out to take pics of us then ran like a scared child when I appraoched him was good too. I took pic myself so if you want them just email me I got nothing to hide.

Latest resources

Back