Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthepool

My name is Inigo Montoya
Does anyone know anything about Corporate Aircraft Management Inc (CAMI) or AeroCharter out of SUS? Pay, schedules, etc? Any info would be appreciated.

Cami

I flew for CAMI after my furlough for TWA. I'll say this about them: The owner is straight up with you about what the job entails. He'll tell you what the pay is going to be (it sucks). He'll tell you that you're on call 24/7. He'll tell you that you'll leave on trips not always knowing when you'll be coming back. He hired a lot of furloughed guys, probably because he knew that there were a ton out there and maybe all of 5 jobs in the STL area.

The "lifers" that are there are there for a reason. Enough said? The owner's wife, if she stills does the scheduling, can be sweet as pie one day and PMSing the next.

You can stay at decent hotels, but not at the Ritz. As far as meals, he told me this, "You want a bottle of wine, fine. Just don't order the Opus 1."

It was one of, if not the, worst flying jobs I've ever had, but it was my foot into the corporate door which helped me get to where I am today. In a weird way, I'm very grateful for the people at CAMI and for the experiences, however frightening they may have been.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back