info on Skyway (the cargo airline)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tired_pilot

Anyone have any semi-current information on Skyway the company that flies Shorts 330's? Bases, starting pay, schedule, lifestyle. Experiences... Any and all info is appreciated..Thanks in advance:D

Well.... where to begin. If you're accustomed or expect an airline lifestyle forget about it. It is exactly what you would expect with a 135 cargo outfit, and in some cases better, some worse. The pay for F/O's is right at the poverty line, $300 a week salary, Captains' pay is decent for what we're doing. Our operations are split between schedualed and on demand, with the on demand side picking up quite nicely recently. It looks as though things are falling back into place post 9/11. We didn't lay anybody off (nonunion) and from recent rumblings we've been hiring. Expect to fly anywhere from 20-100 hrs a month on the on demand side and 65 on average with the schedualed. I've been here 2yrs now and have been given an opportunity I'm not soon to forget, that being said, like all 135 cargo outfits its a job and not a career, best to have a goal and stick to it. PM me with any more questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Where are they out of? Do they have different domicles or do they all fly out of the same place?

Company base is in Kissimmee FL. We have single plane bases throughout the country on contracts. Our primary on demand bases are in Yipsilanti MI, Louisville KY and Kissimmee FL. We also have operations in the Carribean operating from San Juan.

Latest resources

Back