Info On Multiengine.net Wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NW_Pilot

Anything Good Or Bad To Say About multiengine.net ? Is it Worth It To Build Multi Engine Time?

Thanks In Advance

NW_Pilot said:
Anything Good Or Bad To Say About multiengine.net ? Is it Worth It To Build Multi Engine Time?

Thanks In Advance

I knew you'd ditch R.A.P for FlightInfo.com!

Curious how you found out about that place as they seem very obscure. They have a very strange website. Very low key, in fact you wouldn't even be able to find them through a google search. No phone number and very limited information on their operations. It seems like a very shady operation.

From what I know, they fly old twin comanches offshore for pipeline patrol. I heard someone I once knew went down there for some multi and ended up working there. It seems like the multi time is cheap compared to some of the other time building options like AriBen. Except at this outfit (multiengine.net), you are paying to fly a company plane to patrol and are in essense paying for a job. It's like $35/100 hrs. or $40/50 hrs. According to their website you will be the flying pilot. So its all PIC I imagine as opposed to AriBen where you split the multi as a rental (PIC/SIC) and its more expensive.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has been involved with them.

I have a buddy who worked at Aerial Survey Inc. for about 5 years. Immaculate Twin Comanches and excellent maintenance. For the timebuilding, you ride along on the platform inspection flights, but you actually do all of the flying. Don't start with me about the actual ASI pilots also logging the time, that's between them and their logbooks. It's all part 91 so if you're a timebuilder and flying the airplane you can log it. Each flight is about 5-7 hours, so you build time quick. Super cheap and I DO know of a few people who have been hired at regionals with the bulk of their multi time from ASI. The big problem seems to be scheduling. I think they are usually booked up 6 months out in advance. Call over there for info, the website isn't updated or responded to from what I understand. (409) 744-9691. Good luck, hope this helps.

NYCPilot said:
Curious how you found out about that place as they seem very obscure. They have a very strange website. Very low key, in fact you wouldn't even be able to find them through a google search. No phone number and very limited information on their operations. It seems like a very shady operation.

From what I know, they fly old twin comanches offshore for pipeline patrol. I heard someone I once knew went down there for some multi and ended up working there. It seems like the multi time is cheap compared to some of the other time building options like AriBen. Except at this outfit (multiengine.net), you are paying to fly a company plane to patrol and are in essense paying for a job. It's like $35/100 hrs. or $40/50 hrs. According to their website you will be the flying pilot. So its all PIC I imagine as opposed to AriBen where you split the multi as a rental (PIC/SIC) and its more expensive.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has been involved with them.

I Was referd to them by a few people at a flight school.

Anyone know how airlines would view this time? i.e. buying a bunch of multi time versus getting you MEI and instructing. Or is it no big deal?

I've heard varying responses on this board. I was thinking of going to AriBen one day for that 100 hr. deal. 50 PIC/ 50 Safety Pilot PIC.

Not sure though...its expensive.

Some say they don't care others say they frown, who knows. Maybe it depends on what you tell them you got out of it.

NTXPilot said:
Anyone know how airlines would view this time? i.e. buying a bunch of multi time versus getting you MEI and instructing. Or is it no big deal?

See my post above. I do think that getting your MEI is usually a better route to go, but I do know people who have been hired at regionals by only sharing time.

Latest resources

Back