Info on Korean Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

subin30

Does anyone here by chance work for Korean Air or know anyone who does?

I'm wondering if they hire international pilots. Does anyone know the hiring process or how to apply there.

Thanks, any info would help.

subin

I know it has the worst safety record of any airline worldwide.

I know they refer to their accidents as "kwack-ups".

I know know you're impressed by big smurf looking airplanes.

Good Luck Kiddo!

I was born and raised in korea for 11 years.

and there safety has improved ever since flight safety took over training in seoul.

subin

If you are interested in an overseas job, get a membership with pilotpointer.com or planejobs.com. They constantly have positions available overseas.

subin30 said:
Does anyone here by chance work for Korean Air or know anyone who does?

I'm wondering if they hire international pilots. Does anyone know the hiring process or how to apply there.

Thanks, any info would help.

subin

They hire direct entry Captain's from various agencies. You need to be typed for all practical purposes and have significant experience. Your profile would indicate otherwise. Suggest you look over at pprune.com

Good luck and yes the safety issues are getting better.

I used to teach those guys how to fly in an ab initio program and their lack of common sense or thinking "outside of the box" was truly scary.

Anything analytic would be handled with great skill (they'd keep an ILS pegged, right into the ground), but the "feel" for things, or problem solving in any capacity not covered by a checklist escaped them completely.

My greatest example of their skill as professional aviators? Every few years the U.S. Dept. of Defense certifies various airlines as being qualified to carry their soldiers throughout the world. KAL has lost it and regained it several times, recently losing that qualification a year or two ago.

In other words: the U.S. military is OK sending our troops to Afghanistan and Iraq, but sending them on Korean Airlines? WAY to dangerous...

Rogue5 said:
.....but sending them on Korean Airlines? WAY to dangerous...

The last time I flew on KAL was on an A300 into Pusan (PUS). We were landing North, into very steep rising terrain, which makes a go-around very difficult, if not imposible. The final approach and landing was flown through a level 5 thunderstorm for added excitement. I didn't know the A300's wings coud flex sooo much. It wasn't even close to being a safe operation.

320AV8R

Latest resources

Back