• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info on Hop-a-jet / Aero Toy Store

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anyone works for Hop a Jet, I am curious about pay and quality of life?

A close friend of mine worked there.

Pay is supposedly pretty good. They actually pay more when busy I think.
QOL is non-existent. This is a job for people who live to fly and nothing else. So... time building or for old divorced guys with nothing to live for, anyway.

MX is a mess... way understaffed. And their safety culture is non-existent, too. All mission-fixation. No accountability. If something gets screwed up, even safety-sensitive stuff, the index fingers come out fast and no one seems responsible. Seems to be a result of the top guy not tolerating any mistakes. Sure, that's great safety for you.

I've had no luck finding a good flying job in south Florida. Granted my standards are probably a lot higher than some other pilots as I have a good job right now.

I've had no luck finding a good flying job in south Florida. Granted my standards are probably a lot higher than some other pilots as I have a good job right now.

There aren't many good jobs in S. Fl. Some good 91 gigs if you know the secret handshake, but the 135 landscape reminds me of Beyond Thunderdome.

There aren't many good jobs in S. Fl. Some good 91 gigs if you know the secret handshake, but the 135 landscape reminds me of Beyond Thunderdome.

LOL, truer words were never spoken..

"Wasteland" is a good description, it'll never change down there. Miami native who'd love to go back, been gone 12 years and nothing there is worth a return. If you want to jeopardize your certificate, Sky Limo is the place.

Try SKY LIMO. I know they lost a few guys to greener pastures.

Got $24,000 sitting around? That's what they want you to pay for a Hawker 1000 type rating. They will pay it back $2K a month.

They were hiring a couple of months ago. Salary $24K plus $100/day you actually fly.

Latest resources

Back